HP's TouchSmart PCs ready to leave mark
A hidden benefit of HP's TouchSmart PCs: fingerprints. I'm surprised Goodby, Silverstein doesn’t touch (ha!) on the subject in its new commercial. Like most office drones, I work myself into a paranoid lather about who might be snooping through my desk and accessing my computer files. (I suspect Fred, the guy in the next cube.) With my filthy keyboard, it’s impossible to lift a clean print. But with the TouchSmart, I can see when someone’s big ugly thumbs have been all over the screen. Look at those mustard-smudged prints! And there’s some turkey stuck to the screen! Oh ... that was my lunch. Ok, well, just to be on the safe side: Stay the hell away from my desk, Fred!
—Posted by David Gianatasio
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- IPG Shareholders Reject 2 Proposals, Including Gender and Race Reporting
- What If Arrested Development Were Coming Back on YouTube?
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- Dwell Media Hires New Head of Digital from Yahoo
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Arnold Wins Avocados From Mexico
- Ad of the Day: VisitEngland
- Rapture-Palooza Star Anna Kendrick Is Addicted to Reddit
- Lego Builds Awesome Life-Size Star Wars X-Wing Fighter, Its Largest Model Ever
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
- Ad for 5,000-Case Limited-Edition Beer Will Disappear After 5,000 Views
- Twitter's TV Ad Targeting Uses 'Video Fingerprinting'
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.