Hold your breath with these underwater ads
Today’s random ad-pairing Jeopardy category: Things that are underwater. At left is an ad from the Monterey Bay Aquarium, advertising an exhibition called “Ocean’s Edge.” See more comical executions over at Twenty Four. At right is a photo of a clever ad placement for a scuba-diving company. The ads, placed at the bottom of a public swimming pool in Antwerp, Belgium, carried headlines like, “Not deep enough?” and “Want to stay a while?” Spotted this one at Advertising for Peanuts.
—Posted by Tim Nudd
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- IPG Shareholders Reject 2 Proposals, Including Gender and Race Reporting
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- Arrested Development Outbuzzing House of Cards
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Arnold Wins Avocados From Mexico
- BBC's Experimental 'Perceptive Radio' Will Personalize Content
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Lego Builds Awesome Life-Size Star Wars X-Wing Fighter, Its Largest Model Ever
- The New York Times Reinvents the Boring Banner Ad
- California Winery's Ads Pair the Product With Sex, Drugs and More Sex
- The 10 Best Commercials of 2012
- Ad of the Day: VisitEngland
- Cadillac Nears Decision in Creative Review
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.