Facebook App Kidnaps You, Cuts You Up, Puts You in a Sack Thanks, weird German TV show
Back in June, I wrote about Intel's Museum of Me, which used information from your Facebook page to create a little online museum dedicated to your awesomeness. Now, social-media marketing agency Doodem in Germany has taken the technology to its logical creepy conclusion by personalizing a special Facebook stalker movie starring you! That's right, this Notruf Deutschland site asks you to log in with Facebook, then creates a very personalized video in which three fan-girl stalkers warble about how great you are, showing off pictures of you they put in a frame and even a tattoo of your name. It's all impressive digital showmanship, until the inevitable creepy ending makes you think twice about allowing them to access your profile. The message? Facebook is scary. Oh, and watch this Web-based show in Germany called Notruf Deutschland (Emergency Germany) starring Peter Langhorn. I would reject their friend request if I were you. They seem creepy.
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- IPG Shareholders Reject 2 Proposals, Including Gender and Race Reporting
- What If Arrested Development Were Coming Back on YouTube?
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- Dwell Media Hires New Head of Digital from Yahoo
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Arnold Wins Avocados From Mexico
- Ad of the Day: VisitEngland
- Rapture-Palooza Star Anna Kendrick Is Addicted to Reddit
- Lego Builds Awesome Life-Size Star Wars X-Wing Fighter, Its Largest Model Ever
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
- Ad for 5,000-Case Limited-Edition Beer Will Disappear After 5,000 Views
- Twitter's TV Ad Targeting Uses 'Video Fingerprinting'
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.