Is Dissolvable Packaging the Next Big Thing in Food Marketing? MonoSol pioneers new technology
I'm a busy guy. Always in a rush. On the move. Places to be. Stuff to do. Got no time. Not for commas. Or complete sentences. Enter MonoSol, a company that makes water-soluble packaging for instant coffee and virtually every other food product you can imagine that gets mixed with a liquid. "The uses in some ways are only constrained by our imagination," MonoSol's Matt Scearce tells Co.Design. The stuff's totally safe to ingest. Drop one in a cup. Add hot water. Bam! You've got coffee. That's a time saver. No more spooning crystals. Or tearing open plastic packets. That should save me about a half-second per serving. At my rate of caffeine consumption, I'll add 12 seconds to each day. Awesome! More time to drink coffee. I think I used a comma back there. I'm slowing down! Time for another cup.
- Would Yahoo or Facebook Make a Better Tumblr Parent?
- Gevalia Aims for a Buzzy Social Partying Weekend
- Modest Buzz for NewFront Content Based on Social Sharing Data
- Former Publicis COO Richard Pinder on Reimagining Global Networks
- Meet the Sleepy's Creative Finalists
- Yahoo Adding Tweets to Homepage
- Embattled Abercrombie CEO Backpedals on Exclusionary Comments
- NBCUniversal Expands Licensing Deal With Amazon
- Goodby, Silverstein Brings the Funny for YouTube's First-Ever Comedy Week
- YouTube Star Tobuscus Forced Into Making Insane Musical Ad for Hot Pockets
- Nearly Half of Second-Gen Hispanics Feel Like Ads Don't Target Them
- Dumb Ways to Die Is Now a Video Game for the iPhone and iPad
- How BBH Perfected the Twist Ending for the Year's Best Beverage Ad
- The Story Behind 'This Is Water,' the Inspiring Video People Can't Stop Watching
- Mattress Ads Wake Up to Human Sexuality
- Does the American Shopping Mall Have a Second Life?
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.