Cookie Monster Records Video, Wants You to 'Share It Maybe' Muppets return with another viral
The Muppets are back with another viral video. It's their first big one since 2010, and this time it's on the Sesame Street property. Using a format they've exploited since the Muppets inception, Cookie Monster here spoofs Carly Rae Jepsen's catchy yet insipid song "Call Me Maybe," making it all about—wait for it—cookies. With almost 4 million views in three days, the video drives back to Cookie's content on the Sesame Street website, where kids can, of course, play learning games and watch even more videos heralding Cookie's legendary love of cookies. If nothing else, the Muppets franchise is proof of the old saying, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
- The Guardian to Consolidate Web Properties Under One Domain
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- What If Arrested Development Were Coming Back on YouTube?
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- Dwell Media Hires New Head of Digital from Yahoo
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Arnold Wins Avocados From Mexico
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- Rapture-Palooza Star Anna Kendrick Is Addicted to Reddit
- Atlanta's Most Infamous Stripper Pimps Charity Advertising Contest
- Group of Web Video Companies Band Together to Ensure Ads Are Viewable
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Twitter's TV Ad Targeting Uses 'Video Fingerprinting'
- Ad of the Day: VisitEngland
- Time.com Is on a Hiring Spree
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.