Condoms used to sell a ‘meat-lovers’ pizza
We’ve written about Hell Pizza before. They’re the New Zealand pizza shop that put up the billboard showing President Bush marked by Satan. Now they’re pissing people off by giving out free condoms to sell a meat-lovers pizza called “Lust.” Focus on the Family, a religious group, is disgusted. “Not only does the connection between ’meat-lovers’ pizzas and condoms cheapen women and the act of sex, but putting condoms in letterboxes means that anybody, no matter how old, are being handed condoms and instructed how to use them,” the group writes in a release. Hell Pizza’s Warren Powell is trying to frame the campaign as a public service. “New Zealand has got the third highest rate of teenage pregnancies in the developed world, so we have not got a problem with children getting hold of [condoms],” he says.
—Posted by Tim Nudd
- FTC May Not Be Done With Google Yet
- IPG Shareholders Reject 2 Proposals, Including Gender and Race Reporting
- What If Arrested Development Were Coming Back on YouTube?
- Are You Young and Male? Discovery Says This TestTube's for You
- Dwell Media Hires New Head of Digital from Yahoo
- Top Digital Publishers Praise Yahoo's Tumblr Deal
- How J.Lo Is Becoming A Wireless Brand
- Arnold Wins Avocados From Mexico
- Having Shipped Its Pants, Kmart Now Offers You 'Big Gas Savings'
- Ad of the Day: VisitEngland
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Group of Web Video Companies Band Together to Ensure Ads Are Viewable
- Twitter's TV Ad Targeting Uses 'Video Fingerprinting'
- How KitchenAid Gave Us the World’s Coolest Mixer
- Lego Builds Awesome Life-Size Star Wars X-Wing Fighter, Its Largest Model Ever
- Y&R Asks You to Define What #AdvertisingIs
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.