Cheer Detergent Embeds Prizes in Band's YouTube Music Video Aussie band Strange Talk cleans up
Cheer detergent joins Coke and Crocs in using offsite annotations on YouTube by inserting prizes into Strange Talk's "Climbing Walls" video that viewers can click on to try and win. Whether or not they've actually broken new ground is up for debate, but they do say theirs is the first music video with built-in clickable rewards (which might not be true, according to Gorillaz fans). In any case, all this "we were first" bullcrap is beside the point. This is really about the Procter & Gamble brand putting its now 100-percent-digital marketing budget to use, and it's not a bad start by any means. I just wish they'd picked a better band to kick things off. Yeesh.
- Yahoo Board Approves $1.1 Billion Tumblr Purchase
- Gevalia Aims for a Buzzy Social Partying Weekend
- Would Yahoo or Facebook Make a Better Tumblr Parent?
- Former Publicis COO Richard Pinder on Reimagining Global Networks
- Meet the Sleepy's Creative Finalists
- Yahoo Adding Tweets to Homepage
- Embattled Abercrombie CEO Backpedals on Exclusionary Comments
- NBCUniversal Expands Licensing Deal With Amazon
- Goodby, Silverstein Brings the Funny for YouTube's First-Ever Comedy Week
- YouTube Star Tobuscus Forced Into Making Insane Musical Ad for Hot Pockets
- The Story Behind 'This Is Water,' the Inspiring Video People Can't Stop Watching
- Better Eyewear Means Fewer Dead Cats, Says Amusing Specsavers Ad
- Yahoo in Talks to Acquire Tumblr
- Michael Ian Black's Twitter Ad for Dos Equis Does Gangbusters Thanks to All the Haters
- Buyers Enthusiastic About Fall TV Prospects
- Your Rich Friends Don't Really Want to See You in Person, Says Report
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.