BMW whips Audi in impromptu chess game
BMW makes an audacious move here in its battle against rival Audi. The latter apparently erected a billboard taunting, "Your move, BMW," for its redesigned 2009 A4, on a thoroughfare in Santa Monica. Shortly thereafter, in a bit of inspired luxury auto one-upmanship, signage for BWM's M3 sedan appeared across the street with the line, "Checkmate." It's a fun, in-your-face concept that's fast earning kudos in auto and ad media worldwide. (Juggernaut Advertising, an independent agency in Santa Monica, created the response ad for BMW of Santa Monica.) Audi should just shrug it off and respond with an ad proposing "Two out of three?"
—Posted by David Gianatasio
- Would Yahoo or Facebook Make a Better Tumblr Parent?
- Gevalia Aims for a Buzzy Social Partying Weekend
- Meet the Sleepy's Creative Finalists
- Modest Buzz for NewFront Content Based on Social Sharing Data
- Former Publicis COO Richard Pinder on Reimagining Global Networks
- Yahoo Adding Tweets to Homepage
- Embattled Abercrombie CEO Backpedals on Exclusionary Comments
- NBCUniversal Expands Licensing Deal With Amazon
- YouTube Star Tobuscus Forced Into Making Insane Musical Ad for Hot Pockets
- California Winery's Ads Pair the Product With Sex, Drugs and More Sex
- Yahoo in Talks to Acquire Tumblr
- Better Eyewear Means Fewer Dead Cats, Says Amusing Specsavers Ad
- Dove Hires Criminal Sketch Artist to Draw Women as They See Themselves and as Others See Them
- Obscure Direct Response Brands Dominate Facebook Chatter
- He Shoots, He Scores: David Beckham's 10 Most-Viral Commercials
- Creak, Crack, Crunch. Local Chiropractor's Goofy Ad Is Painful to Watch
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.