Australian football will kick your sport's ass
There's a long list of pastimes that Americans just can't understand—cricket, Pai Gow, curling, shirling, etc. I've always shrugged off Australian-rules football as yet another bullet on the roster of baffling competitions. But this new ad for the Australian Football League does a pretty good job of explaining the sport. Well, it at least does a good job of explaining how every other sport is downright wussy-like by comparison. You even get to see a back-climbing "specky," which I'm personally excited about trying out in the office this afternoon. Not my problem if you picked the wrong day to reload the hallway printer, buddy.
—Posted by David Griner
- CBS Picks Up Bad Teacher
- Dish Network's Search for a Digital Agency Down to Finalists
- Liberal Groups Pressure Mayer to Withdraw From FWD.us
- Arrested Development Outbuzzing House of Cards
- Forbes 100 Most Powerful Women Includes Tech, Media Titans
- The IAB and Mozilla Clash—in Person
- Sen. John Cornyn Joins the Fight Against Patent Trolls With New Bill
- YouTube CEO is Cannes Lions Media Person of the Year
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Samsung Presents Advertising's Most Idiotically Primitive Husband Ever
- Puma's Dance Dictionary Will Leave You at a Loss for Words
- The New York Times Reinvents the Boring Banner Ad
- Ad of the Day: DirecTV
- Ad of the Day: Nike
- 67% of Smartphone Owners Would Rather See Ads Than Pay for Premium Content
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.