Aardman animates series of quirky E.D. ads
Finally, some halfway-decent erectile-dysfunction advertising. Over in the U.K., Levitra marketer Bayer Schering Pharma has unveiled nine animated shorts from Aardman Animations (and Prospero London) that tell the tale of "one man's journey from droop to Don Juan." Parts 1 and 8 are posted here. Here are all nine episodes. (The last one is a bit randy—the kind of thing Marge Simpson might appreciate.) The series, featuring a quiet, introspective E.D. sufferer named Dennis and his long-suffering yet sympathetic wife, has that über-British self-effacing tone of Aardman's Wallace & Gromit cartoons. "My life started getting a little, shall we say, tricky a while ago," Dennis explains on the YouTube site. "Activities in the bedroom became, you know, increasingly limited. No naughty business as it were. Not that I didn't want it, I just couldn't. It got me down, but now I'm back to my fine, upstanding self and you can see how in these videos. This is my story. Maybe it will even strike a chord with you." It sure beats U.S. E.D. advertising like the ads with the Whiskey Dicks and the dude who talks to his reflection on the way to the doctor.
—Posted by Tim Nudd
- CBS Picks Up Bad Teacher
- Dish Network's Search for a Digital Agency Down to Finalists
- Liberal Groups Pressure Mayer to Withdraw From FWD.us
- Arrested Development Outbuzzing House of Cards
- Forbes 100 Most Powerful Women Includes Tech, Media Titans
- The IAB and Mozilla Clash—in Person
- Sen. John Cornyn Joins the Fight Against Patent Trolls With New Bill
- YouTube CEO is Cannes Lions Media Person of the Year
- Geico Makes the Perfect Ad for Hump Day
- Tablets Overtake Smartphones as the Big Shopping Device
- The New York Times Reinvents the Boring Banner Ad
- Samsung Presents Advertising's Most Idiotically Primitive Husband Ever
- Ads for Playboy Fragrances Have Plenty of Happy Endings, and a Few Weird Ones Too
- And the 2013 Grand Effie Goes to ...
- Puma's Dance Dictionary Will Leave You at a Loss for Words
- Ad of the Day: Nike
AdFreak is your daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd. Updated every weekday, with a weekly recap on Saturdays.