10 Amusing Hoax Ads for April Fools' Day Google leads the pack with its annual practical jokes
- Check Out These Photos From the 2015 FX Upfront
- New York Life Launches a Creative Agency Review
- An L.A. Agency's Grassroots Drought Initiative Has Grown Into a Citywide Campaign
- Brand Genius 2015 Call for Submissions
- As Firestorm Grows Around Media Kickbacks, the Industry Launches a New Task Force
- BET Announces 7 New Shows and Looks Beyond TV for Growth
- Mobile Will Be Huge at the NewFronts, but Presenters Will Talk About It Differently
- Accounts in Review: Coke Joins the Long List of Media Searches
- YouTube Star Hannah Witton Gives Candid Advice About Sex in Durex Campaign
- Ad of the Day: Apple Watch Gets Three Grand 60-Second Spots for Launch Day
- Here's the Most Fascinating Slide From BuzzFeed's 2008 Pitch to Investors
- Plagued by Haters, a Pilates Trainer Photoshops Herself Skinnier in This Video About Body Image
- These Posh Videos Show You How to Pronounce Ogilvy & Mather 'Like a Lord'
- Check Out the Amazing Welcome Kit This Ogilvy Office Gives Each New Hire
- Hallmark's Mother's Day Ads Are Shockingly Edgy. Just Kidding, They're Really, Really Sappy
- Adweek's Top 5 Commercials of the Week: April 17-24
AdFreak is a daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd.
April Fools' Day is this Sunday. It's a bit of a shame when it falls on a weekend, as companies have a smaller online audience for their practical jokes. So, we'll take time today to celebrate some of the more amusing hoax ads from past April Fools' Days. Unruly Media has combed the archives and come up with a list of the most-shared April Fools' hoax ads of all time. Check out the top 10 below. Google, in particular, revels in its annual scams. Google Translate for Animals? Don't kid yourself—one day it will happen.