10 Amusing Hoax Ads for April Fools' Day Google leads the pack with its annual practical jokes
- Facebook Beats Pinterest as Foodies' Go-to Social Platform
- Why Maker Studios Chose This Agency for Its Ad-Buying Service
- McCann New York Re-hires Dan Donovan as Executive Creative Director
- Here's How Brands Can Make a Splash on The Late Show With Stephen Colbert
- Fox Sports Go's 'Khaki Cam' Will Follow Michigan's Irascible Football Coach
- This Small Rhode Island Shop Builds Big Ideas for Brands
- Orange Is the New Black Star Pablo Schreiber on the Perils of Live-Tweeting
- Why Monopoly Is the Coolest—and Cruelest—Game Ever Sold
- The Couple Who Quit Their Ad Jobs to Travel the World Ended Up Poor and Scrubbing Toilets
- Reynolds Made a Clever Instagram Cookbook That Feels Like an 'Endless Table'
- Watch This Man Ambush Smokers at the Point of Sale With a Brutally Personal PSA
- Ad of the Day: Gross Old Razors Bring Cutting Humor to Dollar Shave Club's New Campaign
- Can Agencies Win If They Don't Play the Spec Pitch Game?
- How a Marketing Agency Broke All the Rules to Become a Lifestyle Brand Beloved by Stars
- Infographic: The Purchasing Habits of the Wealthy and the Very Wealthy
- One of Ashley Madison's Biggest Failures Was How Abysmally It Marketed to Women
AdFreak is a daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd.
April Fools' Day is this Sunday. It's a bit of a shame when it falls on a weekend, as companies have a smaller online audience for their practical jokes. So, we'll take time today to celebrate some of the more amusing hoax ads from past April Fools' Days. Unruly Media has combed the archives and come up with a list of the most-shared April Fools' hoax ads of all time. Check out the top 10 below. Google, in particular, revels in its annual scams. Google Translate for Animals? Don't kid yourself—one day it will happen.