10 Amusing Hoax Ads for April Fools' Day Google leads the pack with its annual practical jokes
- Social Media Content Designer Bayard Advertising Modesto, California (US)
- Digital Media Planner Silverlight Digital LLC New York City, New York (US)
- Director, Business Development - Pharmaceuticals Silverlight Digital LLC New York City, New York (US)
- Editorial Director - Business and High-tech publishing Information Today, Inc. New York City, New York
- Editor in Chief Voice Media Group Phoenix, Arizona
AdFreak is a daily blog of the best and worst of creativity in advertising, media, marketing and design. Follow us as we celebrate (and skewer) the latest, greatest, quirkiest and freakiest commercials, promos, trailers, posters, billboards, logos and package designs around. Edited by Adweek's Tim Nudd.
April Fools' Day is this Sunday. It's a bit of a shame when it falls on a weekend, as companies have a smaller online audience for their practical jokes. So, we'll take time today to celebrate some of the more amusing hoax ads from past April Fools' Days. Unruly Media has combed the archives and come up with a list of the most-shared April Fools' hoax ads of all time. Check out the top 10 below. Google, in particular, revels in its annual scams. Google Translate for Animals? Don't kid yourself—one day it will happen.