MTV Networks’ Nickelodeon is making your iPhone more appealing to your kids with the introduction of apps featuring content from three of its hit series: SpongeBob SquarePants, Dora the Explorer and iCarly.
Although the network posted a “mini-application,” the SpongeBob Tickler on the App Store in late January, Nickelodeon considers these new applications as its first official foray onto the iPhone.
First up is SpongBob SquarePants Atlantis Treasures, which launched on Thursday. The others will roll out throughout the year, starting with a Dora app launching in March.
Details on all of the new Nick offerings are after the jump.
* The Dora the Explorer application will challenge kids to match shapes, count numbers and practice the alphabet in touch-and-shake-oriented game play.
* iCarly on the iPhone, published by Oasys, will be Nickelodeon’s first live-action iPhone application based on the tween property. Players will help the iCarly crew get ready for their next webisode by issuing quests around school and playing mini games at Carly’s studio. (September)
* Shockwave’s Daily Jigsaws-To-Go will include 40+ interactive puzzles and features that will allow users to download the new Daily Jigsaw on Shockwave.com daily. (April)
* SpongeBob SquarePants: SpongeBob’s Wacky Walk is an innovative platform game that will allow users to tap, swipe, tilt and shake scenery to get obstacles out of SpongeBob’s way. (April)
* Sara’s Super Spa, based on the Shockwave.com Web game, will combine time-management with touch-based mini-games. (June)
* SpongeBob SquarePants Diner Dash, published by Nickelodeon and PlayFirst, will create a portable SpongeBob-themed version of the casual game Diner Dash, set in the Krusty Krab, the Chum Bucket and other under-the-sea locations. (July)