As the social gaming space grows, Inside Social Games will be keeping track of the top Facebook games. Here’s a first look at the top 20 social games on Facebook as of today, June 24, 2008:
|Rank||Title||Daily Active Users||Developer|
|2||Friends For Sale||696,507||Serious Business|
|3||Texas HoldEm Poker||592,577||Zynga|
|4||(Lil) Green Patch||583,400||Ashish Dixit and David King|
|8||Who Has the Biggest Brain?||293,112||Playfish|
|16||Pet Pupz||127,158||Nicola Borchard and Matt Beswick|
|19||Tower Bloxx||102,144||Digital Chocolate|
Some interesting observations:
- This list only measures DAU, not engagement or monetization, of course.
- 5 of the top 10 and 21 of the top 50 Facebook apps are games.
- Social network MyYearbook has the most popular game on Facebook, Owned. It is a copy cat of Serious Business‘s Friends For Sale, which is only slightly behind at #2.
- Playfish is a rising star with 3 out of the top 10 games. Their engagement rate as a company is also at 13%, the highest of any large app developer on Facebook.
- Zynga has 4 apps on this list, and is the 3rd largest Facebook developer overall in terms of DAU, behind Slide and RockYou.
- Even though Nicknames, the largest app in terms of DAU by social game developer SGN, doesn’t make it into this list, SGN is the 7th largest Facebook developer overall in terms of DAU.