Stressed out? Make a New Year’s resolution to reduce the stress in your life.
We’ve put together a list of five free apps with links and descriptions that will help you manage stress. Our list includes apps for Android, iOS and the Kindle Fire.
1. Stress Tracker: “Just added to the Stress Tracker is the Rage Control Program for men and women. These 5-minute audio programs were developed by Dr. Frank Lawlis, president of the Scientific Advisory Committee for the Dr. Phil show. This exercise will help calm you down when you feel wound up, frustrated, angry, or upset, ultimately dissolving rage and preventing later regret.”
2. Stress Pile: “It’s an easy, fun and effective stress tracker application for any and everyone to use, it’s one of the easiest ways to keep a detailed track of your stress and/or stressors in your life. It’s a way to look into your past private and personally to help you start to eliminate your stressors for a healthy stress free life without the aid of medication.”
3. Stress Management Guide!: “In today’s society, nothing is more of an enemy to the physical and emotional body than stress. Infiltrating our work, home, financial, and social lives, stress can wreak havoc on our overall well-being and instigate a multitude of illnesses. Not surprisingly, there has been a whole economy constructed around each stress relief idea to hit the market. And people are buying; when it comes to relieving stress and giving us a greater sense of control over our lives, there’s not much we won’t try.”
4. Stress Check: “Take our research-based Stress Check, then use the provided tools to manage it. Join over 750,000 users on iOS and Android around the world to UNDERSTAND and LOWER your work stress now!! Our app combines our research-based test with powerful tools to help you manage your stress and anxiety more effectively.”
5. Take a Break from Stress: “You can enjoy the deep relaxation, stress relief and benefits of meditation now without prior experience. Take a Break has been developed by Richard and Mary Maddux, creators of the popular Meditation Oasis podcast. Featuring two popular meditations from the podcast, the app gives you the option to listen with or without music.”