We know how much you would like to be hanging out at Cannes this week: hitting the beach, sipping some espresso martinis and–most importantly–soaking up the insights from the biggest names in media.
Don’t stress. For your benefit, we took it upon ourselves to share the best of the event…in the form of quotes recounted by other people on Twitter.
Let’s get social…
- “An enjoyable yet thoroughly ridiculous spectacle.” – Michael Frolich, Ogilvy PR
- “I can’t work with anyone who isn’t number one.” – Kanye
- “Stop making ads! Start making content!” – Erin McPherson
- “Alicia Keys was not the right fit to be creative director for Blackberry. She was set up to fail.” –Steve Stoute, Translation
- “It’s ridiculous to just give anyone or a celebrity a creative director role…there are only three who could work – Ryan Leslie, Will.i.am and me.” – Kanye
- “99% of Google searchers don’t go beyond the first page of results.” – Nikesh Arora
- “There is a new generation of people being born every four years…[because] technology is anything invented after you’re born.” – MIT Director Andrew Lippman
- “Selling ideas is a hard job. Avoid those who make it more complex.” – Ogilvy
- “If there’s any clients in the room, be willing to get fired over a good idea.” – Spike Jonze
- “Brands that we thought were too big to fail are failing because they’re not meeting the consumer on their terms.” – Steve Stoute
- “Leaders keep their eyes on the horizon, not just the bottom line.” – Warren G. Benni
- “Digital must get over its discomfort with native ads.” – Marissa Meyer
- “I always did something I was a little not ready to do. I think that’s how you grow.” – Marissa Meyer
- “The difference between having a hallucination and having a vision is someone else can see it.” – Ben Horowitz
- “Hello, gorgeous!” – WTBWA’s “GAYTM”
- “Empower the best content creators or f*ck you.” – Kanye
We’ll bring you more quotes throughout the week.