Who Co-founders William Pearson (l.) and Mangesh Hattikudur
What Magazine and e-commerce business
Where New York offices
Mental Floss is known for its engaging Wikipedia-like articles (“How Many Languages Is It Possible to Learn?”) that nourish the mind. Few realize the Dennis Publishing bimonthly has a robust e-commerce arm with 1,300 products from T-shirts to beer-tasting kits. Here’s how it all began: After Pluto lost its planetary status, a reader wrote in: “You guys should make a shirt that mourns the loss of Pluto. It should say RIP, but instead of Rest in Peace, it should say ‘Revolve in Peace: 1930-2006.’” The title took the advice to heart, and its business has become a shooting star, with sales projected to hit $2.5 million this year.
Mental Floss Is Not Just a Magazine AnymoreSelling Pluto T-shirts and beer-tasting kits
- Audience Development Analyst WNET New York Public Media 10019, New York City
- SEO/Editorial Freelancer New Hope Media LLC New York City, New York
- Account Director Happy Medium Working from home
- Social Media Strategist Oceana Washington, D.C.
- Audience Development Manager LADDERS New York City, New York