Women really, really like their mobile devices. According to a new study from Time Inc. and Nuance Digital Marketing, 60 percent of women name their mobiles as the most important devices in their lives (significantly higher than men, at 43 percent). Not only is their smartphone the first thing she looks at in the morning (for 78 percent), it consumes their free time throughout the day, when they use it for engaging with social media, texting and shopping. While this time spent on their mobiles would suggest opportunities to advertise to women, fully 91 percent of women dislike ads they consider intrusive.
Thanks for signing up! Check your inbox for a confirmation email.
- NBCU's Esquire Network Hones In on Guys
- Con Williamson Is Leaving Saatchi N.Y. After 3+ Years
- Infiniti Launches Global Creative Review
- Virgin America, StubHub Hook Up for Flying Super Bowl Tailgate Party
- FCC Chair Delays Wireless Spectrum Auction to 2015
- NBC Hits the High Notes With The Sound of Music Live!
- LG's Bottom-of-the-Page Ads Are Getting a 2.1% Click-Through Rate
- The Adweek Agencies of the Year Issue [Video]
- 2013 U.S. Agency of the Year: 72andSunny
- 360i Is Selected as the 2013 Digital Agency of the Year
- Big Account Wins Make Grey the 2013 Global Agency of the Year
- Ad of the Day: Oreo's Holiday Song About Balls Is a Real Treat at Just the Right Time
- Watch the Most Shared Ads of the Past 8 Years on Unruly Media's 'Viral Spiral'
- The Top 20 Tumblr Ads of the Year
- DiGiorno Pizza Live-Tweeted The Sound of Music, and It Was Very Tasty
- Adweek's Top 5 Commercials of the Week: Dec. 1-6
Time Inc. is one of the largest content companies in the world. With a portfolio magazines that includes some of the world's most popular, powerful and trusted brands, it is one of the largest magazine publishers in the U.S. Their popular brands and successful franchises extend to online, television, cable VOD, satellite radio, mobile devices, events and branded products. The company engages millions of U.S. consumers in print, online and via mobile devices each month. Their specialties include Magazines, Photography, Publishing, Editorial, Journalism.