Hot List 2012: Digital Winners
Ascendant Social Brand
While Instagram is now a Mark Zuckerberg production, the photo-sharing app remains fully its own thing—which helps explain its initial $1 billion price tag. That number has dropped along with Facebook’s stock, but all other Instagram numbers are up. Within a week of the two-year-old app finally rolling out an Android version this past April, it was downloaded 5 million times. Later that month, Facebook would come calling. Instagram now has more than 100 million users and in August averaged 7.3 million daily active users to beat out Twitter’s 6.9 million daily mobile users. And that was all before Instagram rolled out Web profiles in recent weeks.
- This Remarkable Short Film Set at Costco Explores the Empty Obsession With Shopping
- These Might Be the First Condom Ads That Try to Make You Less Excited
- Ad of the Day: Kim Kardashian Just Made One Seriously Strange Ad for an Energy Drink
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Re-creates Terminator 2's Bar Fight Scene for Video Game Ad
- This Ludicrously Awesome KFC Bucket Takes Your Selfies and Prints Them Out