Hot List 2012: Digital Winners
Ascendant Social Brand
While Instagram is now a Mark Zuckerberg production, the photo-sharing app remains fully its own thing—which helps explain its initial $1 billion price tag. That number has dropped along with Facebook’s stock, but all other Instagram numbers are up. Within a week of the two-year-old app finally rolling out an Android version this past April, it was downloaded 5 million times. Later that month, Facebook would come calling. Instagram now has more than 100 million users and in August averaged 7.3 million daily active users to beat out Twitter’s 6.9 million daily mobile users. And that was all before Instagram rolled out Web profiles in recent weeks.
- Ad of the Day: Adult Retailer Makes Probably the Craziest X-Rated Ad Yet (NSFW)
- How This Interactive Subway Ad Got Everybody Yawning, and Wanting Coffee
- If You Could Pick Only One, Would You Hire Don, Peggy or Joan?
- TLC Removes 19 Kids and Counting From Schedule Following Molestation Claims
- Adweek's Top 5 Commercials of the Week: May 15-22