Hot List 2012: Digital Winners
Ascendant Social Brand
While Instagram is now a Mark Zuckerberg production, the photo-sharing app remains fully its own thing—which helps explain its initial $1 billion price tag. That number has dropped along with Facebook’s stock, but all other Instagram numbers are up. Within a week of the two-year-old app finally rolling out an Android version this past April, it was downloaded 5 million times. Later that month, Facebook would come calling. Instagram now has more than 100 million users and in August averaged 7.3 million daily active users to beat out Twitter’s 6.9 million daily mobile users. And that was all before Instagram rolled out Web profiles in recent weeks.
- The 10 Most Viral Ads of 2014 (So Far)
- Thailand Does It Again With an Ad That Will Leave You Bawling Like This Baby
- Colorless Coca-Cola Can Is Lovely, and Might Be Good for the World, Too
- Inside ESPN's Social Media War Room During the Most Tweeted Sporting Event Ever
- Even If You Hate Greenpeace and Love Lego, You Have to Admire This Gorgeous Attack Ad