Hot List 2012: Digital Winners
Ascendant Social Brand
While Instagram is now a Mark Zuckerberg production, the photo-sharing app remains fully its own thing—which helps explain its initial $1 billion price tag. That number has dropped along with Facebook’s stock, but all other Instagram numbers are up. Within a week of the two-year-old app finally rolling out an Android version this past April, it was downloaded 5 million times. Later that month, Facebook would come calling. Instagram now has more than 100 million users and in August averaged 7.3 million daily active users to beat out Twitter’s 6.9 million daily mobile users. And that was all before Instagram rolled out Web profiles in recent weeks.
- Account Director Happy Medium Working from home
- Social Media Strategist Oceana Washington, D.C.
- Audience Development Manager LADDERS New York City, New York
- News Producer News 12 Woodbury, New York
- Zeppelin Hall Beer Garden Social Media Strategist Grand Street Property Management Downtown Jersey City
- Infographic: How Storytelling Is Helping Brands Sell More Products
- Adidas Knocks Under Armour Again With This Inspirational 'One in a Billion' Ad for China
- How Agencies Are Shifting Strategies to Compete With Accenture and Deloitte
- Our First Arc Awards Winners Represent the Best in Branded Storytelling
- Ad of the Day: Lil Buck Defies Gravity in Apple's First Big TV Spot for Its AirPods