Hot List 2012: Digital Winners
Ascendant Social Brand
While Instagram is now a Mark Zuckerberg production, the photo-sharing app remains fully its own thing—which helps explain its initial $1 billion price tag. That number has dropped along with Facebook’s stock, but all other Instagram numbers are up. Within a week of the two-year-old app finally rolling out an Android version this past April, it was downloaded 5 million times. Later that month, Facebook would come calling. Instagram now has more than 100 million users and in August averaged 7.3 million daily active users to beat out Twitter’s 6.9 million daily mobile users. And that was all before Instagram rolled out Web profiles in recent weeks.
- Family Kicked Off Southwest Flight After Father Tweeted Complaint
- Family Gets Shot by 3,192 Paintballs in 5 Seconds in Ad That Supposedly Means Well
- World's Greatest Dad Shows You How It's Done in Ad for Peanut Butter Cheerios
- Sex and the City Supercut Shows How Much It Loved Name-Dropping Brands
- Ad of the Day: The End Is Nigh in Brilliantly Bleak Ad for FXX's Simpsons Mega-Marathon