Hot List 2012: Digital Winners
Ascendant Social Brand
While Instagram is now a Mark Zuckerberg production, the photo-sharing app remains fully its own thing—which helps explain its initial $1 billion price tag. That number has dropped along with Facebook’s stock, but all other Instagram numbers are up. Within a week of the two-year-old app finally rolling out an Android version this past April, it was downloaded 5 million times. Later that month, Facebook would come calling. Instagram now has more than 100 million users and in August averaged 7.3 million daily active users to beat out Twitter’s 6.9 million daily mobile users. And that was all before Instagram rolled out Web profiles in recent weeks.
- Vince Vaughn and Co-stars Pose for Idiotic Stock Photos You Can Have for Free
- Fans Successfully Unlocked the New Avengers Trailer, and It Was Totally Worth It
- Ad of the Day: Geico Makes Clever Preroll Ads That Are Basically Unskippable
- Ad of the Day: Tinder Plus Takes a Girl on Wild Adventures in Love, Sex and Travel
- Instagram Unveils New Features for Advertisers, From Carousel-Style Photos to Web Links