Hot List 2012: Digital Winners
Ascendant Social Brand
While Instagram is now a Mark Zuckerberg production, the photo-sharing app remains fully its own thing—which helps explain its initial $1 billion price tag. That number has dropped along with Facebook’s stock, but all other Instagram numbers are up. Within a week of the two-year-old app finally rolling out an Android version this past April, it was downloaded 5 million times. Later that month, Facebook would come calling. Instagram now has more than 100 million users and in August averaged 7.3 million daily active users to beat out Twitter’s 6.9 million daily mobile users. And that was all before Instagram rolled out Web profiles in recent weeks.
- Account Coordinator Moxie Communications Group New York City, New York (US)
- Associate Online Editor Car and Driver Ann Arbor, Michigan
- E-Mail Marketing Coordinator Guilford Publications, Inc New York, NY
- Health Communications Specialist FDA Silver Spring, Maryland
- News Director DeSales Media Group, LLC Brooklyn, New York
- Why It’s Time to Kill Advertising as We Know It and Start Building 'Storyworlds'
- The World's 24 Best Commercials of 2015-2016
- Patriotic People Are Shocked to Learn Where They Really Came From in This Viral Ad
- Jaguar Gave People the Craziest VR Experience Ever With This Sneaky Prank
- When Coke's Jordan Spieth Ad Shoot Was Rained Out, They Made Something Even Better