Hot List 2012: Digital Winners
Ascendant Social Brand
While Instagram is now a Mark Zuckerberg production, the photo-sharing app remains fully its own thing—which helps explain its initial $1 billion price tag. That number has dropped along with Facebook’s stock, but all other Instagram numbers are up. Within a week of the two-year-old app finally rolling out an Android version this past April, it was downloaded 5 million times. Later that month, Facebook would come calling. Instagram now has more than 100 million users and in August averaged 7.3 million daily active users to beat out Twitter’s 6.9 million daily mobile users. And that was all before Instagram rolled out Web profiles in recent weeks.
- The Couple Who Quit Their Ad Jobs to Travel the World Ended Up Poor and Scrubbing Toilets
- Reynolds Made a Clever Instagram Cookbook That Feels Like an 'Endless Table'
- Ikea Cooks Up a New Kitchen Like It's a Meal in This Adorably Designed Ad
- How Facebook Deconstructed the Status Update for a Lovely Series of Slow-Motion Ads
- Here Are the CPG Brands Men and Women Trust Most