Hot List 2012: Digital Winners
Ascendant Social Brand
While Instagram is now a Mark Zuckerberg production, the photo-sharing app remains fully its own thing—which helps explain its initial $1 billion price tag. That number has dropped along with Facebook’s stock, but all other Instagram numbers are up. Within a week of the two-year-old app finally rolling out an Android version this past April, it was downloaded 5 million times. Later that month, Facebook would come calling. Instagram now has more than 100 million users and in August averaged 7.3 million daily active users to beat out Twitter’s 6.9 million daily mobile users. And that was all before Instagram rolled out Web profiles in recent weeks.
- Sorry, Britain, but This Lovely Christmas Ad From Spain Is the One to Watch This Year
- Here Are Some of the World's Best Ads You Might Have Missed in 2015
- Slack Just Took Over 4 Cities With Its First Big, Extremely Bubbly Ad Campaign
- Samsung Choreographs an Awesome Human Kaleidoscope for Its Gear S2 Watch
- Why This New York Agency Is Taking All 42 of Its Employees to Japan for the Holidays