Hot List 2012: Digital Winners
Ascendant Social Brand
While Instagram is now a Mark Zuckerberg production, the photo-sharing app remains fully its own thing—which helps explain its initial $1 billion price tag. That number has dropped along with Facebook’s stock, but all other Instagram numbers are up. Within a week of the two-year-old app finally rolling out an Android version this past April, it was downloaded 5 million times. Later that month, Facebook would come calling. Instagram now has more than 100 million users and in August averaged 7.3 million daily active users to beat out Twitter’s 6.9 million daily mobile users. And that was all before Instagram rolled out Web profiles in recent weeks.
- Ad of the Day: Apple Uses Pixies' 'Gigantic' in Infectious iPhone Spot
- 24 People Who Applied for the World's Toughest Job Were In for Quite a Surprise
- Ad of the Day: Watching Sex Scenes With Your Parents Is Weird, Says HBO
- How Real Women Would Actually Respond to a Dove 'Experiment'
- Meet the Woman Who Downsized Her Life to 84 Square Feet and 305 Possessions