Here's Our Scorecard for the 2013 NewFrontsBigger stars, sleeker venues, longer lines
DreamWorks CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg took the stage to celebrate the acquisition of YouTube channel AwesomenessTV.
YouTube smartly focused on its homegrown unique talent and formats. “While YouTube had a number of performances they all tied back into the core reason we were all there, to learn about what is new and how we can partner more closely to propel our brands forward. Having worked on YouTube integrations in the past with their stars, it is key to understand their passion,” said Media Storm’s Redniss.
The company’s push to create brand-friendly networks spoke to the challenges it had with last year’s channel-dominant sales approach. A perceived strategy shift "may not be enough to convince skeptical buyers," said Wilson Cleveland of Unboxd Media.
- Hershey's Just Made a Father-Daughter Ad That's One of the Year's Sweetest
- JetBlue Just Built a 25-Foot Rube Goldberg Machine in This NYC Storefront
- Super Bowl Ad Tracker: Everything We Know About 2016's Commercials
- Zoolander Crashes Barbie's Instagram and Teaches Her How to Do the Blue Steel
- 'Snackable' Branded Video Was All the Rage a Couple of Years Ago. Is It Already Dead?