Here's Our Scorecard for the 2013 NewFrontsBigger stars, sleeker venues, longer lines
DreamWorks CEO Jeffrey Katzenberg took the stage to celebrate the acquisition of YouTube channel AwesomenessTV.
YouTube smartly focused on its homegrown unique talent and formats. “While YouTube had a number of performances they all tied back into the core reason we were all there, to learn about what is new and how we can partner more closely to propel our brands forward. Having worked on YouTube integrations in the past with their stars, it is key to understand their passion,” said Media Storm’s Redniss.
The company’s push to create brand-friendly networks spoke to the challenges it had with last year’s channel-dominant sales approach. A perceived strategy shift "may not be enough to convince skeptical buyers," said Wilson Cleveland of Unboxd Media.
- These Are the Digital Trends Everyone in Tech and Advertising Needs to Know
- Ad of the Day: Scrabble Tells a Delightful Love Story Entirely in Anagrams
- 3M Makes Retargeted Banner Ads Less Annoying by Turning Them Into Post-it Notes
- Here's What Marketers Need to Know About Google's Mobile Upgrades
- If You Like Cute Pigs and Happy Endings, Vodafone Has an Ad for You