Five Famous Female FrontwomenThese women rule
- 1 of 5
Betty Crocker, 77 Years Old
In 1921, Gold Medal Flour cooked up the name Betty Crocker as a way of personalizing responses to customer letters. Advice from Betty was so popular that the company decided to create the mascot Betty in 1936. Her look has been updated seven times since (most recently in 1996), morphing from a matronly lady to one who today embodies four brand attributes: She’s resourceful, committed to family, community-minded and likes to bake. Alas, Betty doesn’t make personal appearances—but she’ll still send you baking tips. There’s always a Betty on duty at General Mills HQ and, as associate marketing manager Maria Jaramillo assures us, “she is on top of the latest food trends.”
- Former Subway Spokesman Jared Fogle Allegedly Paid to Have Sex With 16-Year-Old
- Victoria Taylor Reflects on Her Time at Reddit and Life at the Center of a Media Maelstrom
- HelloFlo's Creative Team Is Back With an Ad About a 'Fitbit for Your Vag'
- Old Spice Creates a Loony Sci-Fi 'Choose Your Own Adventure' Game on Instagram
- As the Tech Industry Grows and Diversifies, Digital Agency Dress Codes Now Range 'From Hobo to GQ'