16 of the Gayest Ads in HistoryFrom Ivory soap to Marky Mark
The fetching young blond valet in this 1921 Kuppenheimer ad was likely based on Leyendecker’s boyfriend Charles Beach, who often modeled for the ads Leyendecker drew. This ad was more than just an appeal to well dressed gentlemen; it was a symbolic motif for Leyendecker and Beach, who were nearly a generation apart in age, but lived and worked together for five decades.
- Domino's Apologizes for Years of Totally Overcharging You for Pizza on the Weekend
- Ad of the Day: Samsung Combines the World's Anthems Into One Beautiful Song for Rio 2016
- The Writers of Idiocracy Aren't Doing Those Anti-Trump Ads Anymore
- YouTube Music's Latest Ad Campaign Is an Infectious Ode to the Diversity of Music Lovers
- Jon Stewart Takes Down Roger Ailes and Donald Trump in His First Daily Show-Style Rant in 11 Months