16 of the Gayest Ads in HistoryFrom Ivory soap to Marky Mark
The fetching young blond valet in this 1921 Kuppenheimer ad was likely based on Leyendecker’s boyfriend Charles Beach, who often modeled for the ads Leyendecker drew. This ad was more than just an appeal to well dressed gentlemen; it was a symbolic motif for Leyendecker and Beach, who were nearly a generation apart in age, but lived and worked together for five decades.
- Pornhub Exposes the Different Porn-Watching Habits of Android vs. iPhone Users
- This Craigslist 'Missed Connections' Ad, 43 Years in the Making, Is Simply Heartbreaking
- How Snickers Got Famous Gamers on Twitch to Become Unrecognizable From Hunger
- Here's Another Hilarious Ad That Tries to Get People in Denmark to Have More Sex
- Hot List: Vote Your Picks for 2015's Top Digital Brands, Games and Gadgets