16 of the Gayest Ads in HistoryFrom Ivory soap to Marky Mark
The fetching young blond valet in this 1921 Kuppenheimer ad was likely based on Leyendecker’s boyfriend Charles Beach, who often modeled for the ads Leyendecker drew. This ad was more than just an appeal to well dressed gentlemen; it was a symbolic motif for Leyendecker and Beach, who were nearly a generation apart in age, but lived and worked together for five decades.
- 9 Interesting and Fun Digital Marketing Stats From the Past Week
- In Clever Drone Stunt, Fantastic 4's Human Torch Comes to Life and Flies Around New York
- Vice Launches Its First Female-Focused Content Hub, Broadly
- Ad of the Day: Julia Louis-Dreyfus Is an Insanely Overbearing Mom in Her Best Old Navy Ads Yet
- How Advertisers Are Getting on Board With Imgur, a Pinterest for the Millennial Male