16 of the Gayest Ads in HistoryFrom Ivory soap to Marky Mark
The fetching young blond valet in this 1921 Kuppenheimer ad was likely based on Leyendecker’s boyfriend Charles Beach, who often modeled for the ads Leyendecker drew. This ad was more than just an appeal to well dressed gentlemen; it was a symbolic motif for Leyendecker and Beach, who were nearly a generation apart in age, but lived and worked together for five decades.
- Editor Consumer Electronics Mag San Francisco, CA
- Account Executive, the Knot Concierge Program XO Group & the Knot New York, NY
- Managing Editor HudsonMOD Montclair, NJ
- Freelance Reporter/Stringer-Presidential Campaigns WhoWhatWhy New York, NY
- Associate Marketing Manager Rowman & Littlefield Lanham, MD