minOnline has just announced the recipients of its Best of the Web Awards, which recognizes digital achievement by magazine brands. “Say what you will about the tribulations of print, but the past year has been a watershed period for magazine brands,” announced minOnline optimistically.
It’s true, there are many beloved magazines names on the Best of the Web list. Here are some of the magazines are making the strongest transition to the web:
- The Community/Social Networking award went to Cosmopolitan for its Global Fun Fearless Female campaign.
- The “Design” award went to Vogue for Vogue.com.
- The “Best Digital Magazine” award went to Popular Science.
- The award for “Editorial Excellence — Overall” went to The Atlantic for TheAtlantic.com. (No surprises there!)
- The award for “Overall Digital Excellence” went to Slate.
- The winner for the “New Site” award was The Fiscal Times for TheFiscalTimes.com
- Vanity Fair won the “Best Redesign” award for VanityFair.com