— DIANE CLEHANE
Sorry, but you can’t expect dish about an Oscar winner every week. (We’re still reeling from our brush with Cate Blanchett in the dining room last Wednesday!) We’re chalking it up to school vacations, but the scene was relatively quiet at Michael’s today where the regulars had to be contented dishing with their dates rather than people watching.
Because we aim to please, I’ll fill you in on who has been spotted in the dining room since we filed our last column. On Friday, I was thrilled to be seated near Whoopi Goldberg, Bette Midler, Marlo Thomas, Liz Smith (looking better than ever!) and Cynthia McFadden. I don’t know if the feeling was mutual since I had my six year-old with me. Yesterday, my pal and accessory maven Mickey Ateyeh popped in with designer Carlos Falchi and actress Brenda Vaccaro. Here’s hoping there’s more to report next week!
Here’s the rundown on today’s crowd:
1. Media Advisory Group’s chairman Jack Myers with Dave Jackson and Orlando Reece of Grab Networks.
2. Men’s Health honcho David Zinczenko and The New York Post’s media guru Keith Kelly. Before Keith arrived, I caught up with David at the bar. David is among the Elaine’s loyalists who are completely aghast at Michael Wolff’s vicious depiction of the late Elaine Kaufman in the March issue of British GQ. According to an item on Page Six today, Wolff likens the beloved restaurateur to a “low class madam” and describes the food at her iconic celebrity haunt as “inedible.” Very nice.
3. Producer Jean Doumanian and a pal we didn’t get to meet.
4. The Metropolitan Museum’s John O’Keefe (loved the bow tie!) who passed the time waiting for his lunch date, Tim Mulligan, by sipping chardonnay and skimming the latest issue of Star.
5. Moneyman Stan Shuman
6. Fashionista Jaqui Lividini and some equally chic pals. Where was ‘The Imber Gang?’
7. Manolo Blahnik’s sole man George Malkemus
8. Quest editor-in-chief David Patrick Columbia
11. Author ( 740 Park, Rogues’ Gallery) Michael Gross and publicist Jessica Aufiero. A little birdie told us Jessica recently left her post at Susan Magrino’s agency to strike out on her own. Good luck!
12. TV Guide‘s chief exec Jack Kliger and Fern Mallis. Jet-setting Fern tells me she’s off to India next month. Seems like her consultancy business is booming!
14. Filmmaker Ed Pressman
15. Ticketmaster’s Eric Korman
16. Judy Price
17. HL Group’s publicity maven Lynn Tesoro
18. Attorney Richard Bressler
20. GOP fundraiser-turned-author (Party Favors) Nicole Sexton
21. Burford Advisors CEO Selvyn Seidel
22. Scribe Tim Murphy
23. Cablevision’s Lisa Rosenblum
24. William Miller
25. Conde Nast’s Marcy Bloom
26. Bloomberg’s Betty Liu
27. The Wall Street Journal’s David Sanford
Please send comments and corrections to DianeClehane AT mediabistro Dot com and lunch at mediabistro DOT com.