ProPublica senior reporter Jesse Eisinger will begin contributing a bi-weekly column to The New York Times’ DealBook in addition to the investigative reporting he does for ProPublica. His new column will focus on “accountability issues and abuses of power in the world of high finance,” and will also be cross-posted on ProPublica.
Two other contributors to the new, revamped DealBreak are Steven Davidoff, a professor and former corporate lawyer who will cover the legal aspects of mergers, private equity and corporate governance, and Peter Henning, who writes the “White Collar Watch” column, which covers securities law and white-collar crime.
The New York Times highlighted the new features readers can expect from DealBook:
- In print, a DealBook page will now appear Tuesday through Friday in The Times, and the International Herald Tribune will also feature DealBook content on those days.
- The DealBook site, dealbook.nytimes.com, will be redesigned with a new look and feel and offer continuous news updates, detailed company data and multimedia offerings.
- DealBook will introduce a redesigned e-mail newsletter on weekday mornings and will add a new edition delivered after each day’s market close.
- A daily DealBook video will cover the latest news and what it means across industries.
- A redesigned mobile WAP site and — coming soon — a DealBook news reader application for BlackBerry devices will allow readers to get the latest news.