No jokes here. Four WNYW Ch. 5 staffers have been treated in recent weeks for carbon monoxide poisoning after working long hours in the station’s trucks, the Daily News reports.
The trucks use gas-fueled generators. At least three trucks have been pulled out of service since the incidents began.
Carbon monoxide is an odorless gas that can lead to headaches, flulike symptoms, or death.
Reporters Lisa Evers, Andrea Day and Nicole Johnson, as well as off-air staff, have all been treated.
“The safety of our employees is our first priority,” Ch. 5 president and general manager Lew Leone told the Daily News. “We are working as quickly as possible to resolve this situation.”
photo: Victory of the People