He brought “sexy back,” but can he do anything to save journalism?
Pop star Justin Timberlake was recently spotted sporting an NPR tee-shirt. While NPR-ers are flattered, they seem equally confused, blogging Ten Speculative Reasons Justin Timberlake Might Be Wearing This NPR T-Shirt.
Obviously, he’s just borrowing the tee from Timbaland.
NPR’s Linda Holmes’ Top 10 is after the jump.
1. Desperately hoping to be invited for Tiny Desk Concert where he can show off surprisingly powerful pennywhistle rendition of “Greensleeves.”
2. Loves commenting at NPR.org; is secretly the guy who goes around the site writing, “I DON’T WANT TO READ ABOUT BRITNEY SPEARS!!!!”
3. Angling for leverage in his quest for a name change to “All Sexy Things Considered.”
4. Stole it directly off Peter Sagal’s back during the New York City marathon in thus-far-unpublicized ambush.
5. Slightly confused; thinks it says “N*SYNC.”
6. During breaks in The Social Network, is appearing in the long-awaited biopic, Inskeep.
7. Just borrowing it from Lady Gaga.
8. Back of shirt says, in masking tape, “DID NOT PUT ME ON THE LIST OF 50 MOST IMPORTANT RECORDINGS OF THE DECADE. SEND PROTESTS TO BOB BOILEN.”
9. Never purchases a new fedora without consulting Planet Money for possible updates on hat futures.
10. Has always wanted Carl Kasell’s voice on his home answering machine.