Getting into the spirit of Valentine’s Day, Virgin Mobile USA asked people between the ages of 18 and 49 what they think is the best ringtone and ringback tone for a significant other. Since not everyone’s lucky in love, the cellco asked folks to rate their top ringtones for their ex-lovers as well.
Alicia Keys‘ “No One” claimed the top spot in the “Best Ringtone or Ringback Tone for a Significant Other” category, while “I Hate Everything about You” from Three Days Grace was chosen as the best tone for an ex.
Complete survey results are on the Virgin Mobile USA site.
To see what some celebrities and musicians set as ringtones for their special (or not-so-special) someones, click continued.
Some celebrities who shared their ringtone choices with Virgin Mobile USA:
– Elisabeth Hasselback set “I Have Always Loved You” by Third Day for her husband Tim.
– Fellow “The View” co-host Sherri Shepherd has both “Irreplaceable” by Beyonce and Gloria Gaynor’s classic “I Will Survive” ringtones to identify her ex.
– Virgin Group CEO Richard Branson hears “My Girl” when his significant other rings on his Virgin Mobile phone.
– Ok! Magazine editor-in-chief Sarah Ivens chose “Foundations” by Kate Nash as the ringtone she has set when an ex gives her a ring. “Love Today” by Mika is the tone she sets for a new love interest that calls.
– Fashion designer Issac Mizrahi has Rihanna’s “Umbrella” set for his boyfriend.
– Mr. Grumpy of “The Men Show,” Cartoon Network’s new animated comedy series, has “Rainy Days and Mondays” by the Carpenters set as the ringtone for his ex.
Music artists clearly have a passion for music so it comes as no surprise that they also download a special ringtone or two for significant callers.
– R&B singer Cheri Dennis chose “Shawty is A Ten” by The Dream as best ringtone for a significant other. Her choice for a ringtone for an ex is “Since U Been Gone” by Kelly Clarkson.
– Miami rapper Trina has her own hit song, “Single Again,” set for when her ex calls.
– R&B singer J. Holiday has his own hit single, “Bed,” set for when his significant other calls. “Complicated,” by Robin Thicke, is the song he has set for when his ex calls.
– Fellow R&B singer Trey Songz chose his single “We Should Be” as his ringtone for a significant other. He selected another of his own singles, “Hatin’ Love,” as the ringtone he has set for his ex.
– Rock and alternative band member Ryland of Cobra Starship set “Let’s Make Love and Listen To Death From Above” by CCS as his ringtone to signal a call from his significant other. Ryland’s song for his ex is Hall & Oates’ “Rich Girl.”
– French Canadian punk band Simple Plan’s lead singer Pierre Bouvier likes “Cupid’s Chokehold” by Gym Class Heroes as his lover’s ringtone; for his ex, it’s “I Don’t Want You Back” by Eamon.
– Christian rocker NeedToBreathe likes Tom Petty’s “Wildflowers” for a significant other and “One” by U2 for exes. His favorite romantic ringtone overall is “Shelter” by Ray LaMontagne.