The big four U.S. mobile carriers all have issued advisories, action plans and preparation tips for those in the path of Hurricane Irene.
The main message from the vendors are:
1. Keep your phones, batteries, chargers and other equipment dry by using locking plastic bags
2. Keep batteries and extra batteries charged
3. Use text messaging (instead of voice) when possible
4. Use mobile apps and social network services
5. Maintain and distribute a list of emergency numbers
6. Forward your home phone to your wireless phone if you are evacuate your home
You can find AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile and Verizon’s Hurricane Irene information sites below. Good luck everyone! Take care.
Preparing for Hurricane Irene