The New York Times has added some reporters to its 2016 presidential election team. Details are below.
- Ian Trontz, the metro desk’s deputy editor for enterprise, has shifted to enterprise editor for politics.
- Thomas Kaplan, previously an Albany correspondent, will focus on “policy issues, drilling down to the facts, and holding the campaigns feet to the fire,” according to a memo from Times senior politics editor Carolyn Ryan.
- Matt Flegenheimer, most recently on the City Hall beat, will cover Jeb Bush.
- Nick Corasaniti has been named a digital correspondent.
- Ashley Parker returns to the politics desk after covering Congress.