It might have been a slow week last week, but evidently the new hiring activity was just marinating a bit. This time around data from LinkedIn and other sources is showing a number of new faces across ten different major social developers. In fact, quite a number of these companies filled some major leadership positions as well including SocialVibe, Loot Drop, Kabam, and Lolapps.
SocialVibe (also known as SVnetwork) brought on a new vice president of category sales and director of account strategy, hiring Karina Montgomery from AOL. Loot Drop has a new creative director with former Sony Online Entertainment senior producer, Laralyn McWilliams. Kabam hired three new vice presidents including Chris Ko as VP of product strategy, Stephen Pelletier as VP of engineering for Kabam San Francisco, and Olivia Dillan as VP of engineering, Kabam Studio. As for LOLApps, they found a new Design Director with Glen Dahlgren.
As always, if your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please let us know. Email editor (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com, and we’ll get it into this or next week’s post. Also, please note that information about most new hires, below, comes directly from company updates from LinkedIn.
Looking for new opportunities? The Inside Network Job Board presents a survey of current openings at leading companies in the industry.
Here’s this week’s full list:
- Chris Ko, VP of Product Strategy — A major hire for Kabam, Chris Ko was previously involved with strategic planning and consumer research at Electronic Arts.
- Stephen Pelletier, VP of Engineering, Kabam San Francisco — The second noted executive hire for Kabam, Stephen Pelletier was most recently the chairman and CEO of Silent Capital Corporation.
- Olivia Dillan, VP of Engineering, Kabam Studio — The last executive hire for Kabam, Olivia Dillan was VP of engineering and services at AtHoc.
- Victor Robin Chyo, 2D Game Artist/Concept Artist — Now at Kabam, Chyo was previously a concept artist at Ignition Entertainment.
- Miles Dulay, 2D Artist — Also now at Kabam, Dulay was most recently a concept artist at Electronic Arts.
- Tuan Vo, Junior Artist — Joining Kabam, Vo was most recently a concept artist for SiXiTS Inc..
- Eli Maffei, Senior Concept Artist — Maffei was previously a concept designer at KingsIsle Entertainment.
- Alex Chu, Senior Artist — Now at Kabam, Chu was was previously a concept artist at Bungie.
- Jason Courtney, Senior Artist — Also now a part of Kabam, Courtney was most recently a visual development artist at PDI/Dreamworks.
- Wesley Barbosa, Global Operations — Joining Happy Elements, Barbosa was previously the marketing director for overseas – Beijing/China at Elex-Tech.
- Glen Dahlgren, Design Director — A new face at LOLApps, Glen Dahlgren was previously the lead game designer at Hands-On Mobile.
- Laralyn McWilliams, Creative Director — Joining as a big hire for Loot Drop, Laralyn McWilliams was most recently a senior producer at Sony Online Entertainment.
- Gabriel Delfino, Analista BI — Now a part of Metrogames, Delfino was previously a pricing analyst at Telecom Personal.
- James Park, Email Marketing Manager — Joining Mindjolt this week, Park was most recently a senior research assistant at the University of California, Riverside.
- Flavia Ceccarelli, Associate Art Director — An internal change at Playfish as Ceccarelli moves up from senior game artist.
- Chris Tabor, Web Designer II — Now at PopCap Games, Tabor was most recently a graphic designer at Alchion Design Lab.
- Karina Montgomery, VP of Category Sales — A major hire for SocialVibe, Karina Montgomery was most recently the director of client solutions at AOL.
- Jason Koenigsknecht, Midwest Sales Manager — Also a part of SocialVibe now, Jason Koenigsknecht was previously the East Coast digital sales director at Jumpstart.
- Lesley Flood, Director of Account Strategy — Now at SocialVibe, Lesley Flood was previously an account manager at MySpace.
- Jessica Henderlight, Account Executive — The last hire for SocialVibe this week, Jessica Henderlight was most recently an account lead at Yahoo!.
- Richard Leas, Data Center Technician — Now a part of Zynga, Leas was previously at George Mason University.
- Riccardo Rossi, Community Specialist — Joining Zynga this week, Rossi was a community team leader at SCEE.
- Stratos Christianakis, Product Manager — Also now at Zynga, Christianakis was most recently a consultant at Deloitte Consulting.