The hiring trend continues on strong in 2011. Last week, 11 social developers brought on new team members, and this time nine are making new hires, according to data from LinkedIn and correspondence from a few companies. All that said, most of the developers in question kept the total number if individuals hired to only a handful.
As for major hires, Kabam has announced a few in the form of Ted Simon and Jen Silverstein who come on board as the new vice president of brand marketing and communications and director of business intelligence respectively.
As always, if your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please let us know. Email editor (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com, and we’ll get it into this or next week’s post.
And for those searching for new jobs, be sure to check out our Inside Network Job Board.
Here’s this week’s full list:
- Arturo Medina — Digital Chocolate hires a new game programmer with Medina, a former Jr. developer for Baratz.
- Matthew Rockoff — Now a TV and digital sales planner for GSN, Rockoff was previously a media buyer for Johnson & Johnson at Universal McCann.
- Ted Simon — As noted already, Ted Simon joins Kabamas their new vice president of brand marketing and communications. Prior to this, he was VP of marketing for two previous consumer startups.
- Jen Silverstein — The other major Kabam hire is Jen Silverstein, the new director of business intelligence. Before this, she was working in analytics at Google; most recently as group manager of quantitative modeling.
- Heidi Perry — Perry joins Kabam this week as their newest executive producer. Before Kabam, she was vice president of product marketing at PlayFirst.
- Christopher Burke — Loot Drop filled us in on the hiring of Burke as a lead programmer. His prior experience comes working with mobile and gaming companies such as Motorola, Backbone, and Foundation Nine.
- Steve Woita — Woita joins Loot Drop as a senior programmer this week. His experience stems from companies such as Apple, Atari, and Sega.
- Shay Hugi — Hugi is now “BizDev” at Nordeusthis week, according to LinkedIn data. Before this, Hugi was co-founder and CTO at MPT Systems.
- Ivan Stanojevic — Nordeus also filled us in on the hiring of Stanojevic, their new software development engineer in testing.
- Jeannie Lee — Lee joins Playdom as an art lead and producer this week. Before this, Lee was a colorist and effects artist at Udon Comics.
- Bernadette Cabada — Previously a front office coordinator at Option 1 Staffing, Cabada is now a recruiting coordinator for Playdom.
- Bonnie Ho — In an internal Playfish change, Ho moves from her role as an email marketing strategy consultant and email lead to manager of customer insights and research.
- Adam Gutterman — Playfish hires a new producer with Gutterman. His prior experience stems from being a product marketing manager at Three Rings Design.
- Christopher Gilbert — First in a trio of new hires for SoshiGames, Gilbert joins the team as a technical manager. Prior to this, he was an online games programmer at Sumo Digital.
- Lewis Roden — Previously a concept artist for exDream, Roden now fills the same role at SoshiGames.
- Adam Russell — Russell joins SoshiGames as a social game designer. Before this, he was a QA tester at Realtime Worlds.
- Serena Lam — Now a producer for FarmVille at Zynga, Lam was previously an associate producer at Electronic Arts, Maxis.
- Hope Pettway — Pettway joins Zynga as a producer as well. Before this, Pettway was an associate production manager for LucasArts.
- Mahadad Ansari — Zynga gains a new Sr. producer with Ansari who was S/W Eng Sr. Prin. – content model team at L-3 Communications.
- Matt Winalski — Previously the co-founder and chief creative officer at Portable Zoo, Winalski is now a senior art producer for Zynga.
- August Guadamuz — Guadamuz joins Zynga as a customer service analyst. Prior to this he was a project manager at A&A Guadamuz Construction.