The number of active social game companies, in terms of hires, remains high this week according to data from LinkedIn and other sources. Most developers only brought on one or two individuals, save Zynga, who hired around a dozen new faces. The company also has a few bigger hires as well including a new creative director and studio general manager in the forms of Cara Ely and Alan Patmore, respectively. Additionally, SmallWorlds hires on a new digital marketing manager with Nicole Scheid.
As always, if your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please let us know. Email editor (at) insidesocialgames (dot) com, and we’ll get it into this or next week’s post. Also, please note that the information about most new hires, below, comes directly from company updates from LinkedIn, and is only as current as people’s profiles.
Looking for new opportunities? The Inside Network Job Board presents a survey of current openings at leading companies in the industry.
Here’s this week’s full list:
- Mather Neill, Product Intern — 6waves hires a single individual this week. Neill was previously an intern at glassCanopy Marketing.
- David Levine, Intern — CrowdStar also shows activity, hiring Levine, a former office staff member from AcroSports.
- Jason Shum, GIP Intern — Now at Happy Elements, Shum was most recently an intern at Turtle Media.
- Qizhi Zhang, Architect — In an internal shift Happy Elements, Zhang changes roles from Flash developer and architect to lead their smartphone social games team.
- Aki Shinagawa, Flash Developer — Joining iWin this week, Shinagawa was previously part of Roxio Online.
- Sharmistha Das, Principal Engineer — Also joining iWin, Das was most recently a senior software engineer at Betfair Inc.
- Cody Morales, Player Experience Contracter — Kabam brings on Morales, a former project copywriter at Kiwi Interactive.
- Hans Park, 2D Artist — LOLapps hires two team members this week starting with Park. Park was previously a set design intern at Unicorn Studios.
- Joshua De Leon, 2D Artist — De Leon was previously a student at the Academy of Art University.
- Leandro Federico Guarino, Senior Project Manager – PMO Director — Joining Metrogames, Guarino was most recently a project manager for Indura Systems S.A.
- Noelia Grabowiecki, Tester — Also joining Metrogames is Grabowiecki who was formerly a junior tester for Gameloft.
- Micky Dionisio, Senior Software Engineer — A single hire appears for Mindjolt this week. Dionisio was previously a software engineer for Yahoo!.
- Sara McPherson, Producer — Now at RockYou!, McPherson was formerly a community manager for Buffalo Studios.
- Michael Moreton, Games Designer — Also now a part of RockYou!, Moreton was most recently a lead designer and producer at Caspian Learning.
- Reinaldo Silva, Senior Game Designer — SmallWorlds shows activity this week with a trio of new hires starting with Silva. He was previously a lead engineer for Vostu.
- Nicole Scheid, Digital Marketing Manager — Now at SmallWorlds, Scheid is highlighted to have been the former head of marketing for Yahoo! for New Zealand.
- Matthew Hare, Project Manager — Hare holds over eight years of application design experience from companies such as DDB and Ogilvy.
- Toon Sripatanaskul, Software Engineer Intern — Zynga kicks off a big week of new hires with Sripatanaskul, a former software engineer intern for Credger.
- Cara Ely, Creative Director — Also joining Zynga is Ely, the former creative director and designer for I-play Games.
- Jane Shapiro, Project Manager — In an internal shift, Shapiro changes roles from project manager intern.
- Michael Lazer-Walker, Software Engineer — In another internal change, Lazer-Walker was previously a software engineering intern for Zynga.
- Ankur Shrivastava, Associate Software Engineer — Shrivastava was previously a software intern at Citrix Systems.
- Julius Santiago, UI/UX Designer — Santiago was most recently a UI designer for Playdom.
- Yubin Liang, Principal Software Engineer — Liang was a principal engineer for eBay Inc.
- Sumit Mehra, Executive Producer — Now at Zynga, Mehra was formerly a studio manager for Jump Games.
- Jong Hyeop Kim, Software Engineer — Also joining the Zynga team is Kim, who was previously part of application life cycle management at Qualcomm.
- Rachel Honeth, Product Manager — Honeth was most recently an MBA marketing intern at Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company.
- Robert Liden, Release QA — Liden was a QA technician at FSC Insurance Solutions.
- Nishtha Pangle, Senior UI Designer — Joining Zynga, Pangle was most recently a senior manager of game design at ibibo Web Pvt Ltd.
- Alan Kwan, Assistant Producer — Kwan was formerly a marketing quality analyst at DNA Games.
- Alan Patmore, Studio General Manager — Patmore was previously the vice president of product development at Double Fine Productions.