The mobile hiring space picked up slightly this week, over last week, according to data from LinkedIn and other sources. Nine companies showed new activity, but even so, most were limited only to a single new hire. Moreover, while typically quiet companies such as Pocket Gems brought on new faces, none hosted any significant executive level hirings.
We know there are many more mobile game and mobile social app developers who are actively growing, so if your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us here: mail (at) insidemobileapps (dot) com. We’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
Who else is hiring? The Inside Network Job Board presents a survey of current openings at leading companies in the industry.
Here’s this week’s full list:
- Andy Pierce, IT Project Manager — Joining Big Fish Games this week is Pierce. He was most recently an IT project lead for Nordstrom.
- Carmen Bleything, Associate Content Coordinator, Mobile Games — In an internal change, Bleything moves from her prior role as a customer service representative.
- Olivier Shaw-Latimer, Development Director — EA Mobile makes a single hire this week in the form of Shaw-Latimer, a former producer for AOL.
- Coby Berman, Business Development — In an internal shift at Foursquare, Berman moves up from his prior role as a business development intern.
- Jitendra Verma, Game Programmer — Verma starts off the series of newGameloft hires. Though his prior role is unknown, he is currently also a software engineer for Hytech Services.
- Sudarsan Varma, 3D Artist — Also joining Gameloft is Varma, a former 3D artist from Ganz.
- Roberto Carlos Fernadez Gerhardt, Senior Programmer — Gerhardt was previously a senior programmer for Zinkia Entertainment.
- Zian Ismail, Assistant Studio Manager – Redsteam Studio — Ismail was most recently a “connector admin” for Six Degrees (Asia).
- Erny Desiana, Game Programmer — Desiana is now at Gameloft and was formerly a student at the Singapore Institute of Management.
- James Gerbeville, Sales Analyst — In a shift at Jumptap, Gerbeville changes roles from his previous position as a sales operations assistant.
- Toshi Baker, Player Relationship Specialist — Now a part of the ngmocoteam, Baker was previously an advertising sales executive at Mongoose Atlantic.
- Gurinder Kullar, Intern — Also now at ngmoco, Kullar was formerly a student at the Academy of Art University.
- Lay Zhu, Senior QA Developer — OpenFeint shows activity this week, bringing on Zhu. Zhu was most recently a senior QA developer at Baidu, Inc.
- Elijah-Giueppe Nicolas, Mobile Test Engineer — The typically quiet Pocket Gems shows life this week hiring Nicolas. Nicolas was previously a test engineer at Lockheed Martin.