The total number of active mobile companies hiring this week has dropped this week, according to information presented on LinkedIn and through other sources. However, the number of executive changes has picked up. Big Fish Games highlights its director of marketing for Japan with Yoshi Uemura (though this is merely a late update as he has been with Big Fish Games since May), Ajit Mayya joins iSwifter as its new vice president of engineering, Joanna Drake Earl is the new chief operating officer at ngmoco, Tapjoy gets Larry Berkin as its VP and GM of Asia-Pacific, social and mobile incubator company YouWeb hires on Michelle Yee Sangster as senior vice president of business development, and Rovio Mobile hires Andrew Stalbow as its general manager for North America
We know there are many more mobile game and social app developers that are actively growing, so if your company is hiring new people or making a notable promotion, please get in touch with us here: mail (at) insidemobileapps (dot) com. We’ll get your news into an upcoming post.
Who else is hiring? The Inside Network Job Board presents a survey of current openings at leading companies in the industry.
Here’s this week’s full list:
- Yoshi Uemura, Director of Marketing, Japan — Uemura joins Big Fish Games as its director of marketing in Japan, a move that only surfaced now but had happened back in May. Previously, he was a project manager at Mitsui & Co.
- Pavan Kumar Chitumalla, SDE 2 — Joining Big Fish Games this week is Chitumalla, who was formerly an SDE 2 at Microsoft.
- Tom Bash, Product Manager, Business Intelligence — Booyah shows activity this week hiring on Bash. Bash was most recently a senior analyst for Cornerstone Research.
- Andrei Ruse, Superuser — Now at Foursquare, Ruse was previously a network admin for Lubtech International. He is also currently a software development intern at FreeAgent Central.
- Marcelo Rusconi, Web Developer — Starting off the list of new Gameloft hires is Rusconi, a former student at Escuela Multimedial Da Vinci.
- Navdeep Gupta, Game Producer — In an internal shift at Gameloft Gupta changes roles from a junior game producer.
- Benoit Rullier, Lead Game Designer — Rullier was most recently a lead game designer for Behaviour Interactive.
- Антон Кононенко, PHP Developer — Now a part of Gameloft, Кононенко was most recently student at ВНУ им. В. Даля.
- Jean-Baptiste Plagnard, Cost Controller — Plagnard was formerly an Indochina financial manager assistant at Ipsen.
- Nitin Venugopal, Online Engineer — Venugopal was previously a software engineer for Disney Online Studios.
- Alexander Novikov, 3D Artist — Glu Mobile makes a single hire with Novikov. Novikov was previously a 3D artist for BDirect Online Communications.
- Lijeesh Kozhiyodan, Senior Software Engineer — InMobi brings on a pair of new hires starting with Kozhiyodan, a former offshore developer for Aldata.
- Brittany Solomon, Ad Operations Intern — Before joining InMobi, Solomon was a promotion department intern at 104.3 KKFN The Fan / ESPN Radio 1600.
- Ajit Mayya, Vice President of Engineering — Highlighted earlier this week, Ajit Mayya joins iSwifter as its new VP of engineering. Prior to this, he was a senior director of engineering at VMware.
- Pankaj Kumar, Developer — Also joining iSwifter is Kumar, a former software development engineer for Microsoft.
- Lucian Masalar, Architect — Masalar was previously a principal mobile architect at eBay.
- Joanna Drake Earl, Chief Operating Officer — As noted earlier this week, Joanna Drake Earl joins ngmoco as its new COO. Before joining ngmoco, she was the chief strategy officer and chief operating officer at Current TV.
- Andrew Chalfant, Developer — Also joining ngmoco is Chalfant, who was previously an engineer at Riverbed Technology.
- Jason Reinstedler, Support Engineer — Reinstedler was formerly a C&IS support specialist II and senior analyst at Yale University School of Medicine.
- Andrew Stalbow, General Manager, North America — Rovio Mobile hires on Andrew Stalbow this week as its new general manager for North America. His most recent experience is as an executive for Fox Digital Entertainment.
- Larry Berkin, Vice President & General Manager of Asia-Pacific — Larry Berkin joins Tapjoy as its VP and GM of Asia-Pacific. Berkin’s most recent experience stems from the Symbian Foundation where he was the senior vice president of global alliances and general manager of USA & APAC.