National Geographic has expanded its digital team. Details are below.
- Dan Gilgoff has been promoted to executive editor for digital. He previously served as director of digital news. Gilgoff joined National Geographic in 2013.
- Laura Helmuth will succeed Gilgoff as director of digital news. She comes to NatGeo from Slate, where she served as science and health editor.
- Patrick Witty has been named deputy director of photography for digital. He was most recently Wired’s director of photography. Witty previously served as Time’s international picture editor.
- Michael Tribble has been named director of design. He most recently served as Advance Ohio’s director of product innovation.
- Kevin DiCesare has been promoted to senior user experience designer. He previously served as digital designer.
- Victoria Jaggard has been named online science editor. She previously served as Smithsonian.com’s science editor.