There are many “best of” apps list. I think mine is a bit different. My lists today features apps that I simply actually use on a regular basis. Here’s the list of Android apps I regularly use on my Droid. All of them are free…
– Advanced Task Killer: I had lots of battery power drain issues until I installed this app. I use it at least once a day (and usually more often) to eliminate unneeded running apps. It seems to do a good job of identifying the needed from the unneeded.
– Movies by Flixster: I like movies. So, this is a must have even though I also have a version of it on my iPhone.
– Seesmic for Android: Twitter apps for Android do not compare well against Twitter apps available for the iPhone. Seesmic for Android seems to have a particular problem with quickly and reliably uploading photos for sharing via Twitter. Still, it is the best Twitter app I’ve tried so far on Android and seems relatively well behaved.
– Bonsai Blast: This is a great marble group’n’shoot Zuma-type game. I liked it so much after trying it on the T-Mobile G1 last year, that I bought the iPhone version after returning the G1 and buying an iPhone. I still play this game even though completed all the levels last year.
– gStrings: A very nice (though somewhat slightly crash prone) musical instrument turner
I mentioned the Qik video live streaming app and Evernote cloud note taking app in my Windows Mobile list. Both also have a place on this Android app list.
– Dolphin Browser
– Astro File Manager
– Drupal Editor
– Metal Detector