I recently had the chance to talk with Manu Rekhi, the Vice President of Marketing, Business and Corporate Development with Lolapps and a former Senior Product Manager with Google. Socialtimes.com had recently covered the implementation of Lolapps’ Dante’s Inferno application and we wanted to get a bit more information on the development of the application, the social gaming industry in general and the next steps for Lolapps. Click below to listen.
SocialTimes Podcast: Interview with Manu Rekhi, Vice President of Marketing, Business and Corporate Development with Lolapps:
It was a very interesting discussion about social gaming, and for those of you that may not be able to listen to the whole thing, presented below is a quick summary of some of the highlights:
- Lolapps used their own network to promote their game, as they were in a revenue sharing partnership with EA
- The game was completed in less than 5 weeks
- Manu believes that the Facebook Credits will have a big effect on all transactions
- Manu and I discuss local offers and their importance
- Lolapps’ next big goal to become a top 5 publisher of Social Games, and with their current statistics, they are well on their way
- Top 100 Lolapp applications
- MAU: 20,632,822
- DAU: 1,055,487
In response to the question about Lolapps’ next steps, Manu sent me this:
- We will be one of the top 3-5 social gaming companies
- As the market continues to mature, we will continue evolving to expand beyond the RPG platform to bring competitive value to our partners.
- We will experiment with proven game play mechanics and push the envelop with content and social game mechanics
- We will continue to build symbiotic partnerships with entertainment companies, helping them engage with social media to further their brand and expand their reach through Facebook’s massive user community.
- We will publish games built by other companies on our network (for example, Fashion City among other upcoming titles)