As the campaign trail heats up, we’re once again seeking reporters to talk with us about their travels. Today’s guest is USA Today‘s Jackie Kucinich, who recently flocked to Iowa for an intense several days. If you have someone you’d like us to interview on the road, let us know at FishbowlDC@mediabistro.com or FishbowlBetsy@gmail.com.
Photo by Roll Call‘s Tom Williams: Taken at Newton’s Paradise Cafe en route to the Black Hawk County GOP fundraiser where Rick Perry, Rick Santorum and Michele Bachmann all spoke.
1. What’s the worst thing you ate last week….and the best? Mango sugar-free red bull smoothie … for both questions.
2. Would you ever want to live in Ames? I could live in any state they have Diet Coke and Big Ten football (except Michigan).
3. Is there camaraderie within the press corps on the road? Of course! How do you think I found the red bull smoothie? The competition never goes away of course, but just like covering Capitol Hill or anywhere else where there are a huge group of reporters covering one event, at the end of the day you are all in it together.
4. What kind of hours did you keep generally? I feel like time exists only two ways on the campaign trail – whether you are late to an event or early.
5. What is the strangest thing you observed last week? The line for meat sundaes and the sundaes themselves.
6. If you had to guess right this second, who will be the GOP candidate? My Magic 8-ball says “Better not tell you now.”