For developers tracking Facebook’s Platform Roadmap, which was initially unveiled in late October last year, Facebook has updated the dates on a few items that you should be aware of.
According to the latest version of the Developer Roadmap, the following changes have been moved back and are now currently scheduled to go live in February (instead of sometime this month):
- Invitation changes (moving to an Inbox tab)
- Inbox changes (sharing app content)
In addition, the following items have been updated and are currently slated to go live in “late January”:
- Home page application navigation (moving bookmarks from bottom menu bar to left side)
- App and Game Dashboards and Dashboard News APIs
Finally, a few items have been updated and are scheduled simply for “Early 2010”:
- Internationalization support for stream attachments
- Application branding on canvas pages
Notifications are scheduled to be removed in “Early 2010” as well, but no specific date has been given. The new Email API will be going live in “Mid January.” Of course, we’ll keep you up to date as Facebook further updates the Developer Roadmap.