Junior Account Executive Position:
MoKi Media, Washington DC’s premier boutique PR firm specializing in clients in hospitality, lifestyle and design, is seeking a Junior Account Executive to join their Georgetown team. The qualified applicant will join a high-energy, fast-paced environment. He or she will provide day-to-day administrative and client support to the senior Account Executive. This includes maintaining an acute awareness of current client activities, detail-oriented project management and professional communication with key client and media contacts as needed.
- Preparing account specific documents including media pitches, press releases, proposals, meeting agendas, meeting reports and other client/media correspondences.
- Participating in and documenting discussions during client meetings and conference calls.
- Researching local and national contacts to create pitch- and beat- focused media lists.
- Maintaining current work-in-progress records and archives of past project information as appropriate.
- Creating client documents showcasing secured media placements including press clips and press books.
- Attending client and networking events.
- Assisting with mailings.
- Developing and maintaing a working-level understanding of assigned client’s industries, company culture, products/services and strategic communication plan.
- Proactively communicating with clients on a daily basis in a professional, efficient manner.
- Attending the needs of the client and continually seeking ways to add value to the client-agency relationship.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Strong computer competency in Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Professional conduct within and outside office while conducting agency business.
- 3 years of relevant industry, public relations, journalism or media experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, Business Administration or a related field.
Find more great DC jobs on the Mediabistro job board. Looking to hire? Tap into our network of talented media pros and post a risk-free job listing. For real-time openings and employment news, follow @MBJobPost.