Gary Knell, CEO of Sesame Workshop, is named CEO of NPR, replacing Vivian Schiller and interim CEO Joyce Slocum….the St. Louis Post-Dispatch is now fighting two lawsuits from unions about its handling of retiree health benefits….the Triad Business Journal has named Lloyd Whittington managing editor…and more stuff that happened over the weekend. Happy Monday!
- NPR names ‘Big Bird’s boss’ as its new president, CEO; Sesame Street exec replaces Vivian Schiller (via Romenesko+)
- Post-Dispatch Sued (Again) Over Retiree Benefits (via Extra! Extra!)
- Weekly biz newspaper in North Carolina names new ME (via Talking Biz News)
- Bonnier Corp. Acquires Cycle World from Hearst Magazines (via MinOnline)
- Daily Claims 80,000 Paying Subscribers; Majority Opt For Annual Plan (via paidContent)