The final bids for the Boston Globe have been submitted. The Globe reports that there are six offers on the table, from the following groups:
- Boston lawyer Shannon Liss-Riordan and some unnamed local investors
- Jack Connors, John Fish and Stephen Weiner, power brokers and a shopping center magnate, respectively
- Douglas Manchester, owner of the U-T San Diego
- Jack Griffin and two members of the Taylor family
- John J. Gormally Jr., Gormally Broadcasting
- Revolution Capital Group, a LA-based private equity firm
The most recent guesses put offers around $100 million, which is a far cry from the $1.1 billion the Times paid for the Globe back in 1993.