School is almost back in session. To help cash strapped students who are out shopping for books, we’ve put together a list to help them save a little green. Here is a list of 5 free eBooks that will help you with composition, creative writing and college life.
1. Grammatically Correct: The Essential Guide to Spelling, Style, Usage, Grammar, and Punctuation: “How does good writing stand out? If its purpose is to convey facts, findings, or instructions, it need be read only once for its content to be clear. If its purpose is to entertain or provoke thought, it makes readers want to come back for more.”
2. Portable MFA In Creative Writing: “Have you always wanted to get an MFA, but couldn’t because of the cost, time commitment, or admission requirements? Well now you can fulfill that dream without having to devote tons of money or time. The Portable MFAgives you all the essential information you would learn in an MFA program in one book.”
3. I’m An English Major–Now What?: “What do Joan Rivers, Steven Spielberg, Alan Alda, Barbara Walters, Clarence Thomas, and Chris Isaak have in common? That’s right–they were English majors who now have dream jobs. I’m an English Major, Now What?debunks the myth that English grads have to be teachers, editors, or writers.”
4. Robert’s Rules of Writing: “With 15 books and writing credits including New York Magazine, the Los Angeles Times, the Washington Post, Harper’s Bazaar, and more, author Robert Masello knows how to get published. In Robert’s Rules of Writing, he shares: 101 pithy writing lessons that help you improve your work, save time, and increase productivity; fresh, irreverent advice on the writing life, and more.”
5. The Everything College Survival Book: “College . . .Will your classes be as fun and exciting as they sound in the course catalog? Or will you find that you need to take advantage of your professors’ office hours in order to keep up? Will ramen become your only meal? Will you get along with your roommate? From handling studying and dorm life to parties and campus safety, this guide gives you straight answers to help you survive college life.