For the first time in its long lifespan, Adweek's Media Plan of the Year competition selected its finalists—and Grand Prize winner—in a one-day live judging session held in a private room at New York's Lamb's Club. Led by jury chair Sasha Savic, CEO of MediaCom USA, the jury considered the nearly 70 finalists, selecting the winners who were showcased in the Sept. 12 issue of Adweek. The jurors who attended the live judging session included:
• Justine Bloome, evp and head of strategy and innovation, Carat USA
• Charlie Fiordalis, chief digital officer, Media Storm
• Kathy Kline, evp, managing director, Starcom USA
• Adam Puchalsky, svp, managing director, UM Studios
• Lynda Richardson, director of media insights and activation, Eleven
• Daniel Sheniak, global communications planning director, Nike, Wieden+Kennedy
• Cindy Stockwell, president, Trilia
• Jade Watts, svp, group digital director, MullenLowe MediaHub
• Shoshana Winters, chief strategy officer, Vizeum U.S.
When all the winners had been selected, a handful of jurors shared their thoughts on what made the winners stand out, and the elements of top-notch campaigns. Check out the video for what they had to say.