80+ amazing leaders came together for Brandweek to share their career tips, personal development guidance, and advice on how to navigate the changing landscape of marketing. In particular, 47 came together to launch the first wave of the below 16 Brandweek Masterclasses from Investing in Yourself to The Truth About Performance to Being Bold with Your Brand and so much more. Also included below are the exceptional sessions brought forward on Day 5 – The Talent. A day dedicated to providing thoughtful career guidance through these turbulent times featuring 10 dynamic leaders and representation from this year’s class of 270 Adweek Executive Mentees.
Learn how AI can supercharge your team’s marketing skills in data, creative and more. You’ll also learn ways to assess the skills of today and what’ll be critical for marketing teams of the future.
- Randi Stipes, Chief Marketing Officer, IBM Watson Advertising and Weather, Developer Ecosystem Group
- Raja Rajamannar, Chief Marketing and Communications Officer and President, Healthcare, Mastercard
- Orchid Bertelsen, Head of Digital Innovation, Nestlé USA
In today’s environment, being true to your brand plays a critical role in shaping authentic connections with consumers. Learn why passionate online communities are driving action and advocacy for brands and how to foster lasting relationships built on shared purpose and values.
- Harold Klaje, Vice President of Advertising, Reddit
- Paulie Dery, Vice President of Creative and Brand Strategy, YETI
- Angelic Vendette, Head of Social Media Marketing & Influencers, Stitch Fix
Investing in brand versus performance is a constant tug of war, but oftentimes the ROI of brand-building is hard to defend. Learn how to build an airtight case for brand to help secure buy-in and investment.
- Marisa Thalberg, Executive Vice President, Chief Brand and Marketing Officer, Lowe’s Companies, Inc.
- Tariq Hassan, Chief Marketing Officer, Petco
- Vineet Mehra, Global Chief Marketing Officer and Chief Customer Officer, Walgreens BootsAlliance
From leaning into empathy to taking pandemic-related challenges head-on, these leaders will demonstrate what it means to grow and lead others through adversity.
- Kellyn Smith Kenny, former Chief Marketing Officer, Hilton
- Marcel Marcondes, U.S. Chief Marketing Officer, Anheuser-Busch
- Seth Solomons, Chief Marketing Officer, Equinox
Mine the ongoing debate around brand versus performance and learn how the two are interdependent with short and long-term objectives.
- Lina Shields, Chief Media Officer – Lilly USA, Eli Lilly and Company
- Josh Cole, Chief Marketing Officer, Sky Zone
- Steven Tristan Young, Chief Marketing Officer, Poshmark
Learn how to advance your personalization efforts that go beyond loyalty, infuse empathy and prioritize privacy.
- Wilson Raj, Global Director of Customer Intelligence, SAS
- Kelly Mahoney, Vice President, Customer Marketing, Ulta Beauty
- Chris Padgett, Former Head of Digital and Consumer Communications, Nestlé USA
Discover how to harness the courage and resilience to produce brave work and how taking brand risks can deliver transformative results for both you as a marketer and your brand.
- Fernando Machado, Global Chief Marketing Officer, Restaurant Brands International
- Peter Giorgi, Chief Marketing Officer, Celebrity Cruises
- Melissa Grady, CMO, Cadillac
In an ever-shifting brand landscape, innovation, agility and thinking outside-the-box can make or break a brand’s success. But it takes more than just bold work to be a challenger. Whether you’re part of a start-up or legacy brand, learn how to harness the mindset, culture and actions of a true challenger brand to drive meaningful disruption.
- Todd Kaplan, Vice President,Marketing, PepsiCo
- Daniel Cherry III, General Manager, Senior Vice President, DC Comics
- Minjae Ormes, Chief Marketing Officer, Visible
What does it mean for brands to be “real” when engaging with their audience on TikTok? Unpack how realness has emerged as the new cultural currency and hear from the brands winning in this space.
- Sofia Hernandez, Head of US Business Marketing, TikTok
- Tressie Lieberman, Vice President, Digital Marketing and Off-Premise, Chipotle Mexican Grill
- Andrew Long, Head of Marketing, Simmons
True leadership starts with empowerment, not control. Being able to truly understand what will enable success is a skill to master in an ever-changing environment.
- Dana Anderson, Marketer at Large
- Carla Hassan, Chief Marketing Officer, Citi
Discover the whys and hows of making yourself a priority, which sends a powerful message to the world about your value, intentions and potential.
- Dara Treseder, Senior Vice President, Head of Global Marketing and Communications, Peloton
- Gabby Etrog Cohen, Chief Brand Officer, Rent The Runway
- Patricia Corsi, Global Chief Marketing and Digital Officer, Bayer
With the global pandemic and the social unrest, the role of marketing has been put under the spotlight like never before. Learn how to embrace an evolving role, how to ensure this elevation is not just a moment in time, and ways to continue to be the voice of the consumer for the entire organization.
- Lara Hood Balazs, Chief Marketing Officer and General Manager, Strategic Partner Group, Intuit
- David Messinger, Chief Marketing Officer, Activision Blizzard
- Pam Kaufman, President, Consumer Products, ViacomCBS
As the lines between brands and culture continue to blur, marketers need to stay sharp on understanding the cultural push and pull and its impact on how you show up. Learn how to be mindful, yet intentional when tapping into cultural moments and movements to drive authentic engagement.
- Bonin Bough, Chief Growth Officer, Triller
- David Bornhoff, Head of Consumer Marketing, DoorDash
- Bruno Cardinali, Chief Marketing Officer, North America, Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen Inc.
The customer journey has been evolving for the past 20 years – no question the pandemic has sped up that pace. The shift to online has been swift and to some degree, potentially permanent. Likewise, if mobile wasn’t the center of your marketing universe before, it is now. Join our three experts to learn how to not only navigate these changes but also thrive in this new paradigm.
- Sara Spivey, Chief Marketing Officer, Braze
- Andrea Sengara, Head of Marketing, Campari
- Soyoung Kang, Chief Marketing Officer, eos Products
In just a few short months, the global pandemic has proven that behaving more sustainably has significant positive outcomes on the health of our planet and this is an opportunity to learn about how you can ensure your company is successful in taking on an expanding range of environmental challenges to really make a difference.
- Arancha Cordero, Chief Growth Officer, Danone Waters
- Billy Paretti, Chief Marketing Officer – Belvedere Vodka, Moët Hennessy
- Steven Wolfe Pereira, Chief Executive and Co-Founder, Encantos
With an increased consumer expectation for brands to play a more active role in societal issues, you’ll learn how to stay authentic and true to your brand’s “why” and be able to clearly distinguish between brand purpose and cause marketing and the roles they play.
- Kimberly Evans Paige, Executive Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer, BET
- Jay Curley, Global Head of Integrated Marketing, Ben & Jerry’s
- Ronalee Zarate-Bayani, Chief Marketing Officer, L.A. Rams
On his last day as a CMO after 40 years in marketing, Antonio will share top leadership lessons learned, especially in the midst of uncertainty.
- Antonio Lucio, Global Chief Marketing Officer, Facebook
Hear from one the world’s top CMO recruiters on how to find and land the right job, not just any job.
- Greg Welch, Senior Partner and Practice Leader, Spencer Stuart
Often times the most important factor in shaping your career is how you show up, both as a professional, but also as an individual. Learn how to shape your personal brand.
- Musa Tariq, Former Global Head of Marketing Experiences, Airbnb
Sometimes you may have to venture off your “ideal” path to maintain a job, but that doesn’t mean you have to lose momentum in your career journey. Learn how to use these detours to your benefit, how to define your north star and how to put that plan into action.
- Jabari Hearn, former Vice President of Marketing, Lyft
- Julian Duncan, Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, NFL Jacksonville Jaguars
We’re only limited to what we dream for ourselves. Learn how these leaders aimed high and how you can do the same to supercharge your career.
- Taj Alavi, Former Head of Brand, Uber
- Rachel Webber, Chief Marketing Officer and President, Corporate Strategy, Playboy
Find out the skills and experiences that are shaping the modern-day creative industry today and moving forward.
- Walter Geer, Executive Creative Director of Experience Design, VMLY&R
- Laura Maness, Chief Executive Officer, Havas New York
- Leland Maschmeyer, Chief Brand Officer, Chobani
Hear from Adweek Executive Mentees on how they have worked together to create some of the most exciting developments this industry has yet to see.
Moderator: Jeremy Schumann
- Team Diversity and Inclusion: Presented by Charlene Coughlin, Ro Kalonaros, Cory Bernstine, and Wesley Houser
- Team Personal Purpose and Branding: Kiara Loucks, Waleed Elgindy, Kate Ruda, and Gabbi Baker
- Team Sustainability: Robecta Ma, Amy Woodbridge, Jana Luecking, and Lucy Glaser
- Team Mentorship and Motivation: Ashley Buxton, Carrianne Polo, Kim DeRuby, and Kenna Ranson
Thank you for signing up!
Oops… it looks like something went wrong. Please try again later. We’re sorry for the inconvenience.