Publication Date: March 31, 2023
1. Overview of California Consumer Privacy Laws
2. California Consumer Privacy Laws provide you with the following rights:
- Right to know. You have the right to know what categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect about you; the categories of sources from which we collect personal information; our business or commercial purpose for the collection, use, and sharing of your personal information; any categories of third parties with whom we share your information; and the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about that consumer
- Right to delete. You have the right to request that we delete the personal information that we collect about you.
- Right to opt out. You have the right to opt out of the sale or sharing of personal information. If we sell any of your personal information, you have the right, at any time, to tell us not to sell your personal information. You also have the right to request that we do not share your personal information. If you wish to exercise these rights, click Do Not Sell My Personal Information request.
- Right to correct. You have the right to request the correction of any inaccurate personal information that we maintain about you, taking into account the nature of the personal information and the purposes of the processing of the personal information. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to correct the inaccurate personal information as you may direct.
- Right to limit use or disclosure of sensitive personal information (“SPI”). You have the right to limit the use and disclosure of your SPI, if we are using your SPI beyond what is reasonable and proportionate to provide the requested goods or services. We do not collect SPI.
- Right to nondiscrimination. If you exercise any of your privacy rights, we will not discriminate against you.
- Notice of Financial Incentives. California Consumer Privacy Laws allow us to provide financial incentives for collecting, selling, or retaining your personal information.
- Right to know how long we retain your information. We will retain your information as long as it is reasonably necessary for each disclosed purpose, as outlined in the tables below. If you have any questions or would like to exercise any privacy rights, please contact us.
3. Information We May Keep. California Consumer Privacy Laws allow us to keep your personal information that we need to provide you with goods and services, ensure the security and integrity of your personal information, fix any errors, exercise free speech, use your information lawfully for our internal purposes, and to comply with the law.
4. Contact. California Consumer Privacy Laws allow you to exercise your privacy rights and request your information from us, at no cost. We will provide our response in a readily usable format, which is usually electronic. If you would like to exercise any of your privacy rights, please contact us through any of the following:
- By writing to:
Attn: Legal Department
Madison Ave, 8th Floor
New York, NY 10016
- Email: Legal@adweek.com
- Toll Free Number: 1-844-674-8161 (within US) or 1-845-267-3007 (outside the US).
5. Verification of Your Identity. To protect your privacy, we will ask you to verify your identity. We will ask you to confirm your name, email address, phone number and other information so that we can reasonably confirm your identity. We will not share any information until we can reasonably confirm your identity.
6. Our Response Time to Your Privacy Request
- Response Time. We will respond to your verifiable consumer request (“VCR”) within forty‐five (45) days from when you contacted us.
- Response Time for Complex Requests. If you have a complex VCR, state privacy laws allow us up to ninety (90) days to respond. We will still contact you within forty‐five (45) days from when you contacted us to let you know we need more time to respond.
- Our Response. Our response will cover the 12-month period preceding the business’s receipt of the VCR. A consumer may request that we disclose the required information beyond the 12-month period (limited to personal information collected on or after January 1, 2022), and we will provide that information unless doing so proves impossible or would involve a disproportionate effort. Note that there is no obligation to provide this information to the same consumer more than twice in a 12-month period.
7. Authorized Agent. California Consumer Privacy Laws allow you to ask someone else to exercise your privacy rights for you. This person is your “Authorized Agent.” Before we will share anything with your Authorized Agent, you will need to provide your written permission or other proof, such as a valid Power of Attorney. Please contact us if you would like us to know who your Authorized Agent is. Once we have your written permission, we will also ask your Authorized Agent to verify their identity with us directly. We will not share any of your information with your Authorized Agent unless we have both your written permission and have verified the identity of your authorized agent
8. Information Collection and Use- Sources of Information. Please refer back to https://www.Adweek.com/privacy-policy. To help consumers make informed privacy decisions, the California Consumer Privacy Laws create and define categories of personal information. Some types of personal information may apply to multiple categories. We collect the categories of personal information described in Table 1 below. Depending on your level of interaction with us, we may not have collected your personal information from all of the categories.
|Categories of Personal Information||Specific Types of Personal Information||Categories of Sources of Collection|
|Identifiers||A. Identifiers such as name, email, phone number, demographics, country/state, that you choose to provide to us when you email us, complete an online form or register for our products or services.|
B. IP Address that your devices uses to connect to the internet
|A. Directly from you, the user |
B. From your device when accessing our website or one of our publisher Websites/Apps that utilize our technology or services
|Internet or other electronic network activity||Browser and Device Information, User Agent, IP Address, Mobile Device Identifiers such as IDFA or AAID/GAID, custom or external unique Identifiers, search history and information on interaction with our|
publisher websites, their content and advertisements
|Through our Publisher Websites/Apps that use|
our technology or services when you access those Websites/Apps
|Location||Regional location of the users device||Through the IP address of your device, collected through our publisher Websites/Apps that utilize our technology as you access them|
9. Business Purposes Of The Personal Information We Collect And Sell. Table 2 is a list of the categories of personal information we disclosed about consumers for a business purpose in the preceding 12 months
|Categories of Personal Information||Business or Commercial Purpose|
|Identifiers such as name, email, phone number, demographics, country/state, that you choose to provide to us when you email us, complete an online form or register for our products or|
|A. Providing Customer Service, maintaining and servicing your account and communicating with you.|
B. Auditing customer interactions
C. Advertising and marketing company news and products to you
D. Maintaining and ensuring quality of services, improve users experience
E. Providing to Advertisers for lead generation programs (whitepaper downloads, webinars, events, etc.)
|IP Address that your devices uses to connect to the internet or other electronic network activity, Location Data, Inferences||A. Providing data services which analyze how users interact with|
content and advertisements on website/apps
B. Analytics and research activities to improve our products and services
C. Detecting security incidents, illegal or fraudulent activities
D. Debugging and troubleshooting purposes to improve service, fix errors and maintain usability of services
10. Categories Of Personal Information We Sell Or Disclose For A Business Purpose Table 3 below describes the categories of personal information we sell or disclose for a business purposes. These are also the categories of information we sold in the past 12 months. The sources for each category of personal information we collect, the business or commercial purposes for which we use each category of personal information, and the third parties with whom we may share your personal information with.
|Categories of Personal Information||Categories of Third Parties to Whom the information is disclosed or sold|
|IP Address that your devices uses to connect to the internet, Internet or other electronic network activity, Location Data, Inferences||A. Providing Customer Service, maintaining and servicing your account and communicating with you.|
B. Auditing customer interactions
C. Maintaining and ensuring quality of services, improve users experience
D. Marketing company news and products to you
E. Advertising Services
F. Maintaining and ensuring quality of services, improve users experience