Movie promo mysteries pop and crackle at the exact high-octane frequency of their marketers' edits and still they feel a little dragged out. Save your valuable time with our weekly mashup of the weekend's top cinema fodder and, along with us, ask: Will Wes Bentley maintain his sulky moué through all his encounters with Frank Langella in The Time Being? Didn't a film exactly like Apartment 1301 come out a couple weeks ago—and a couple weeks before that for that matter? And isn't that sort of a comfort? How is it possible that Aubrey Plaza gets away with channeling both Phoebe Cates in Fast Times at Ridgemont High and Velma from Scooby Doo simultaneously in The To Do List? Did someone make a Wolverine movie? How rare. And, finally, a question of Schrödingerian magnitude: if Andrew Dice Clay is in Blue Jasmine does that mean Woody Allen's new movie will be dead or alive in the box office?
This Weekend's Movie Premieres Mashed Up in 60 Seconds [Video]Wolverine, Blue Jasmine, Apartment 1301, The Time Being, The To Do List hit theaters
- Digital Project Manager GLOW Digital Agency New York
- Newsroom Administrator/Payments Clerk American Media 10004, New York City
- Partnership Manager, TV Acxiom New York City, New York
- Citybuzz Preditor VIDICOM New York City, New York (US)
- Sr. Acquisitions Editor Brilliance Audio New York City, New York (US)