CANNES, France—This gorgeous beach town was the perfect setting for the Grand Prix award in the Mobile Lions contest here tonight, as FCB São Paolo took the prize for its ingenious Nivea bracelet that combined print and mobile to track your child on the beach.
A Nivea magazine ad included a removable bracelet which you could pop out and wrap around your child's arm. You then download an app, sync the two and set a perimeter. If your child wanders outside the safe zone, an alarm sounds on your phone, so you know to chase after him or her. It's like a LoJack for your child.
The ad ran in April in select copies of Veja Rio magazine sent to a group of subscribers.
In addition to the Grand Prix, the work also won a gold Lion and a bronze Lion. This is FCB's second Grand Prix in as many years, after picking up the top prize in last year's Cyber Lions for Oreo's "Daily Twist."
U.S. agencies won two gold Lions, two silver Lions and six bronze Lions. The golds went to R/GA in New York for QoL's Alvio respiratory app, which helps people with respiratory challenges improve their condition through mobile games controlled by breathing; and Google Creative Lab in New York for the Google Racer mobile Chrome experiment.
Here is the full list of U.S. winners:
• R/GA New York - QoL's Alvio respiratory app - gold Lion and bronze Lion
• Google Creative Lab New York - Google's Racer Mobile Chrome Experiment - gold Lion and bronze Lion
• 360i New York - Oscar Mayer's Wake Up and Smell the Bacon - silver Lion
• AKQA New York - AKQA's Written in the Stars - silver Lion
• Glasses.Com Draper - Glasses.com for iPad - bronze Lion
• R/GA New York - The Nike SB App - Nike - Apparel - bronze Lion
• Mullen Boston - National Geographic Channel's Killing Kennedy - bronze Lion
• Firstborn New York - The Rolex Daytona Experience - bronze Lion