The Year in DigitalAcquisitions, elections, implosions and the natives got restless
The NewFronts Break Out
Several companies in the Web video world have held upfront-like events for years. But in 2012 nearly 20 put on dog and pony shows aimed at getting TV and digital buyers excited about the medium. Mission accomplished. YouTube rented out the Beacon in New York, inviting Jay-Z to perform. AOL gave away a car. While spending didn’t skyrocket overnight, the perception of Web video’s quality surely did.
- Ad of the Day: Samsung Combines the World's Anthems Into One Beautiful Song for Rio 2016
- Agency Sends Copywriter Into Wilderness to Live Exclusively on Its Clients' Brands for 5 Days
- The Writers of Idiocracy Aren't Doing Those Anti-Trump Ads Anymore
- Domino's Apologizes for Years of Totally Overcharging You for Pizza on the Weekend
- Jon Stewart Takes Down Roger Ailes and Donald Trump in His First Daily Show-Style Rant in 11 Months