The Year in DigitalAcquisitions, elections, implosions and the natives got restless
The NewFronts Break Out
Several companies in the Web video world have held upfront-like events for years. But in 2012 nearly 20 put on dog and pony shows aimed at getting TV and digital buyers excited about the medium. Mission accomplished. YouTube rented out the Beacon in New York, inviting Jay-Z to perform. AOL gave away a car. While spending didn’t skyrocket overnight, the perception of Web video’s quality surely did.
- These Are the Digital Trends Everyone in Tech and Advertising Needs to Know
- Ad of the Day: Scrabble Tells a Delightful Love Story Entirely in Anagrams
- This Browser Extension Replaces Boring Old Preroll With the World's Best Ads
- Colonel Sanders Just Took Over KFC's Twitter, and He's Amusingly Terrible at It
- This Household Cleaning Brand Has the World's Most Immaculate Twitter Feed