The Year in DigitalAcquisitions, elections, implosions and the natives got restless
The NewFronts Break Out
Several companies in the Web video world have held upfront-like events for years. But in 2012 nearly 20 put on dog and pony shows aimed at getting TV and digital buyers excited about the medium. Mission accomplished. YouTube rented out the Beacon in New York, inviting Jay-Z to perform. AOL gave away a car. While spending didn’t skyrocket overnight, the perception of Web video’s quality surely did.
- Check Out the Amazing Welcome Kit This Ogilvy Office Gives Each New Hire
- W+K Travels to 1960s Iceland for This Wry and Beautiful Yogurt Commercial
- What's Better Than the Star Wars VII Trailer? Babies Watching the Star Wars VII Trailer
- This Cool Tumblr Imagines If Ad Agencies Were Ice Cream Flavors
- Men Face a Gut-Wrenching Choice of Their Own in This Parody of Dove's Doors Ad