The Year in DigitalAcquisitions, elections, implosions and the natives got restless
The NewFronts Break Out
Several companies in the Web video world have held upfront-like events for years. But in 2012 nearly 20 put on dog and pony shows aimed at getting TV and digital buyers excited about the medium. Mission accomplished. YouTube rented out the Beacon in New York, inviting Jay-Z to perform. AOL gave away a car. While spending didn’t skyrocket overnight, the perception of Web video’s quality surely did.
- Ad of the Day: Gatorade's Epic Farewell to Derek Jeter Will Be Tough to Beat
- Guinness Takes You Inside Its Storied Dublin Brewery in Almost Mystical New Ad
- Adweek's Top 5 Commercials of the Week: Sept. 12-19
- NBC's New Fall Shows, From Best to Worst
- Stunning PSA Shifts Time to Undo the Killing on a Syrian School Playground