The Year in DigitalAcquisitions, elections, implosions and the natives got restless
The NewFronts Break Out
Several companies in the Web video world have held upfront-like events for years. But in 2012 nearly 20 put on dog and pony shows aimed at getting TV and digital buyers excited about the medium. Mission accomplished. YouTube rented out the Beacon in New York, inviting Jay-Z to perform. AOL gave away a car. While spending didn’t skyrocket overnight, the perception of Web video’s quality surely did.
- The 10 Most Viral Ads of 2014 (So Far)
- Ad of the Day: 'First Kiss' Director Gets to Second Base With 'Undress Me' Sequel (SFW)
- Thailand Does It Again With an Ad That Will Leave You Bawling Like This Baby
- How One Guy Wooed 2,000 Women on Tinder
- Twitter Tells Brands They Can Reach 30% of Their Followers for Free