The Year in DigitalAcquisitions, elections, implosions and the natives got restless
The NewFronts Break Out
Several companies in the Web video world have held upfront-like events for years. But in 2012 nearly 20 put on dog and pony shows aimed at getting TV and digital buyers excited about the medium. Mission accomplished. YouTube rented out the Beacon in New York, inviting Jay-Z to perform. AOL gave away a car. While spending didn’t skyrocket overnight, the perception of Web video’s quality surely did.
- This Craigslist 'Missed Connections' Ad, 43 Years in the Making, Is Simply Heartbreaking
- Here's Another Hilarious Ad That Tries to Get People in Denmark to Have More Sex
- Why Coca-Cola Hired This Man to Laugh Really, Really Hard on a Crowded Subway Train
- Hot List: Vote Your Picks for 2015's Top Digital Brands, Games and Gadgets
- Wes Anderson Meets the Addams Family in This Beautifully Crazy Ad for an Optician