Hot List 2012: Digital Winners
Best Place to Get Your Ke$ha (or Bach) Fix
Bach ‘n’ roll. Streaming site Spotify has attracted not only music fans (to the tune of 15 million global users per month) but also advertisers—particularly Coca-Cola, a prominent investor. Meanwhile, McDonald’s, Chevy, Intel and Reebok have created branded apps on the Spotify platform, curating playlists and epitomizing the buzzy concept of native advertising. Launched in Sweden four years ago, Spotify didn’t go live in the U.S. until July 2011. But its large audience internationally has helped attract U.S. brands, says global ad sales chief Jeff Levick. Says Levick: “I think we do the best when brands develop content that’s relevant for the platform, and also when they tie in the power of combining audio and display.”
- Organic Food Snobs Are Unknowingly Fed McDonald's, and They're Lovin' It
- Sony Advertises Its 'Most Beautiful' TV Picture With One of Its Most Beautiful Ads Ever
- Infographic: The Ideal Length of Everything Online, From Tweets to YouTube Videos
- Here Are 10 Must-See Stats From This Week in Digital Marketing
- Everything You Hate About Advertising Comes to Video With the Onion-Like 'Advertising Insider!'